Replacement PCB boards for Helix?

Lysander

Shredder
So, i've recently ran into a very good offer for a full-blown Helix floor which is sold as broken. Switches, display and controls work perfectly fine; the issue is apparently the audio output and USB being dead.

This sounds like a busted I/O board to me. I'm considering buying it for cheap and taking a stab at fixing it myself, but, are Helix replacement boards available for purchase to begin with? In Western Europe, too - i've seen individual components being sold, but not assembled boards.

The mic input on my out-of-warranty Floor fried (likely my goof either connecting or disconnecting my mic with phantom power on). My local authorized L6 repair center said the fix would require replacing the entire rear PCB for all the audio connections at a cost of $400. So that's my understanding of the cost of that part. (I took my Floor back and plan to replace the $12 mic preamp chip myself once Texas Instruments works out its supply chain issues and gets more of those chips to retailers.)

The mic input on my out-of-warranty Floor fried (likely my goof either connecting or disconnecting my mic with phantom power on). My local authorized L6 repair center said the fix would require replacing the entire rear PCB for all the audio connections at a cost of $400.

That would include cost of workmanship, i presume. I expect a board alone to be quite cheaper.

Thing is, if the part cost is $400, it would still be a deal for me. I just cannot figure out if the parts are even available for purchase at all.

That would include cost of workmanship, i presume. I expect a board alone to be quite cheaper.

Thing is, if the part cost is $400, it would still be a deal for me. I just cannot figure out if the parts are even available for purchase at all.
No, that was the cost of the board. It was $50 more for labor. The part isn't advertised, but you might be able to order it direct from L6. I'd check with them before committing to buying that Floor.

Update: ended up passing on this item. My spidey senses kept telling me the price was just too good for the description.

Still, knowing more about availability for Helix replacement parts would be nice...

Update: ended up passing on this item. My spidey senses kept telling me the price was just too good for the description.

Still, knowing more about availability for Helix replacement parts would be nice...
Out of curiosity, how much were they asking?

I recall some talks about rotary encoders (which are super easy to source), but that was about it.

Yeah, thing is, a Helix where only audio/USB outputs need servicing should definitely be worth more than that. The floor retails for $1700 new.
Yep. That price raises more concerns. If the audio output is Fuched who knows what other issues it might have that we just can't hear

Yep. That price raises more concerns. If the audio output is Fuched who knows what other issues it might have that we just can't hear
I agree. But how likely is it that other boards on the Helix are damaged, too. Pretty low I reckon, but depends what caused the damage of course.

I agree. But how likely is it that other boards on the Helix are damaged, too. Pretty low I reckon, but depends what caused the damage of course.
True, and you could check without needing audio for most of the other features.

On the other hand, I had a similar issue with no audio when L6 repaired my Stomp USB socket. No audio at any of the connections until I did a factory reset and it went back to normal.

Could be a 200ish dollar Helix that just needs a facroty reset, or a Fuched Helix.
🎲 🎲

Could be a 200ish dollar Helix that just needs a facroty reset, or a Fuched Helix.
🎲 🎲

8ca8204292ed5c95473f181424cc4996.gif

So FWIW, I have a Helix with a broken screen. Everything else is good. A replacement screen, which is presumably attached via ribbon cable... and job is a good'n. But last time I looked, the replacement screens are £200+.

Back