Random Pedal thread

Yeah it’s not like Kelley doesn’t have the ability to produce a pedal at scale, or that they couldn’t expect a high level of interest considering how well its big brother is regarded. Maybe a quick flash move to get the OG back into visibility?

Last edited:
Wonder what folks think of these…

IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg

I bought one of the Halo Cores. This is my ideal delay pedal. I have a Halo and use an expression pedal for level. Sounds great but I don’t use the presets, in the moment I can never remember which preset is which and Keeley wasn’t consistent in how presets are selected across his pedals. For example, selecting presets on the Halo is a different button sequence than on the Halo. It’s annoying.

With my Rubberneck I would set it up and tweak the knobs with my feet. No need for presets. I think this will do it better. I’m looking forward to getting it.

The Halo is just so good. Apart from the wonderful sound design, it doesn't mess with your dry tone and it's perfect for both clean and gain'd up guitars.

Keeley customer support is also :chef

Great company!

This is cool! Those are the only two sounds I normally use on the Halo anyway, and the dedicated tap tempo button is great.
Keeley seems to use limited runs to gauge interest for pedals (just my own observation), so I'd imagine they will bring this one back sometime.

I bought one of the Halo Cores. This is my ideal delay pedal.

That’s awesome. I made it about 15 seconds into the video before going to order and was too late. :ROFLMAO: Though it didn’t magically appear on my feed until late afternoon.

For example, selecting presets on the Halo is a different button sequence than on the Halo. It’s annoying.

?

For Hydra:
PRESET SELECT MODE - To enter Preset Select Mode, quickly double tap the TREMOLO switch or tap the COLOR knob once. Preset LEDs will begin to flash. The REVERB switch or MODE Select switch advances through the presets. Tap TREMOLO again to select the preset currently flashing. Hold TREMOLO to overwrite the selected preset.

Halo:
ADVANCING PRESETS ON THE FLY
Advance through Preset Banks by holding both stomp switches for 1/3 of a second (or simply use the mini toggle switch)

There's pros and cons for both.

selecting presets on the Halo
is a different button sequence than on the Halo

Hydra
PRESET SELECT MODE - To enter Preset Select Mode, quickly double tap the TREMOLO switch or tap the COLOR knob once. Preset LEDs will begin to flash. The REVERB switch or MODE Select switch advances through the presets. Tap TREMOLO again to select the preset currently flashing. Hold TREMOLO to overwrite the selected preset.

Halo
ADVANCING PRESETS ON THE FLY
Advance through Preset Banks by holding both stomp switches for 1/3 of a second (or simply use the mini toggle switch)

Ooops. ;)

That’s awesome. I made it about 15 seconds into the video before going to order and was too late. :ROFLMAO: Though it didn’t magically appear on my feed until late afternoon.
Hopefully they'll do another run soon. This mixed with the Blackhole would be :chef.
I might even get off my tire-kicking ass for that pair.

I have this with a Moog volume pedal (for controlling wah sweep if you want). It's killer for cocked wah or regular wah. And it's 3 wahs in 1.

And unlike many traditional wahs, it has a 2MegaOhm (IIRC) input impedance (no tone suck!).

Last edited:
I don't get the appeal of the Core when you can find a used Halo all day for $200 and change. :idk

Back