Rack Chorus (Chorii?) Comparison

Roadie
Gear Pro
3 very different analog rack chorii compared here;
-TC1210. These go for crazy used prices these days but they are particularly flexible and beautiful sounding.
-Synthoma elkorus. Based on the chorus used in old synth string machines (e.g Solina) these are pretty hard to find and a little confusing to use, with a very unique character.
-Klark teknik BBD-320. Based on the Roland Dimension-D. 4 buttons and the greasy truth. Cheap compared to the other 2 as well.

They all "do the thing" pretty well on clean sounds, adding some movement and stereo spread. IMO the big differences occur with distortion and it's pretty easy to overcook chorus in that case.

3 very different analog rack chorii compared here;
-TC1210. These go for crazy used prices these days but they are particularly flexible and beautiful sounding.
-Synthoma elkorus. Based on the chorus used in old synth string machines (e.g Solina) these are pretty hard to find and a little confusing to use, with a very unique character.
-Klark teknik BBD-320. Based on the Roland Dimension-D. 4 buttons and the greasy truth. Cheap compared to the other 2 as well.

They all "do the thing" pretty well on clean sounds, adding some movement and stereo spread. IMO the big differences occur with distortion and it's pretty easy to overcook chorus in that case.

Man, now I have TC1210-envy.

1210 is amazing as expected, the elkorus was a bit too much with distortion but cool. The Klark Teknik held up really well, very solid stereo image and sweet chorus.

I liked the TC, KT was OK and could be fun to use although I'm not sure I'd care enough to buy one over a plugin (especially given the space/cabling/patchbay requirements). Didn't really like the elkorus here, it made me feel a bit sea sick and it kind of fell apart sonically for me. Might be cool on other sources though.

Back