PSA about UPS

metropolis_4

Shredder
I just shipped my Kemper Stage and went to a UPS store first. I was quoted $163 for 3-5 day leaving Monday, the cheapest option was $109 for no tracking “it will get there when it gets there” shipping.

That sounded bonkers so I left and went to FedEx down the street.

$48 and it will be there Thursday.

I told the lady at FedEx that UPS had just quoted me $163 and she said she used to work there and left because of how shady the franchise stores are to customers. She said the one she was at found ways to secretly add on all kinds of extra fees to boost their profits.

Maybe it’s old news, but throwing it out there in case it helps any other gear flippers out there

Yup. If I have to pay for shipping I'd rather go to fed ex. It's not a huge step up but it's a step up. UPS store only gets a visit from me for Bezos returns

I just shipped my Kemper Stage and went to a UPS store first. I was quoted $163 for 3-5 day leaving Monday, the cheapest option was $109 for no tracking “it will get there when it gets there” shipping.

That sounded bonkers so I left and went to FedEx down the street.

$48 and it will be there Thursday.

I told the lady at FedEx that UPS had just quoted me $163 and she said she used to work there and left because of how shady the franchise stores are to customers. She said the one she was at found ways to secretly add on all kinds of extra fees to boost their profits.

Maybe it’s old news, but throwing it out there in case it helps any other gear flippers out there
Wow. Had no idea. However I signed up for accounts at both places and can get online quotes and printing label if needed. Removes any franchise shadiness. Depending on location sometimes UPS ground beats FedEx rates (and ground still does come with tracking).

Wow. Had no idea. However I signed up for accounts at both places and can get online quotes and printing label if needed. Removes any franchise shadiness. Depending on location sometimes UPS ground beats FedEx rates (and ground still does come with tracking).

I’ve always been too scared that I’d mess up the dimensions or weight or something if I tried to do online quotes and purchase labels. But I bet that’s the best way to go

UPS Stores always double the price. Use ShipStation or something like that with your own UPS account for real pricing.

Back