PRS SE Swamp Ash Special

Byrdman

Shredder
@2112 did a review on this one this morning and I'm pretty impressed, TBH. I'm still leaning towards the SE DGT to add a whammy style guitar to the lineup, but no one has any in stock locally to try out. Maybe after the holiday season, inventories will pick back up.

That's the only on sale SE that has caught my eye, because it is a tad unique and out of the box.

Oh, and anyone who has ever played one knows Swamp Ash cuts through a mix like a :satan

I am still intrigued.... but after owning nearly a dozen different SE models in all shapes and
sizes I fear I would not bond with it.

The SE sales must be an hit, if there is little to no stock. It's working Paul. :LOL:

That's the only on sale SE that has caught my eye, because it is a tad unique and out of the box.

Oh, and anyone who has ever played one knows Swamp Ash cuts through a mix like a :satan

I am still intrigued.... but after owning nearly a dozen different SE models in all shapes and
sizes I fear I would not bond with it.

The SE sales must be an hit, if there is little to no stock. It's working Paul. :LOL:
My picking style I believe is one of the reasons I don't like playing strats. Just like Leon, my pick always hits middle PU. :facepalm

I'll probably still like the DGT better due to that but I want to go play both.

My picking style I believe is one of the reasons I don't like playing strats. Just like Leon, my pick always hits middle PU. :facepalm

I'll probably still like the DGT better due to that but I want to go play both.

Oh yeah, for sure. I can totally understand that.

I play an HSS Suhr custom Standard a lot and have not had any issues with hitting the pickup on that guitar. I have several other HSS guitars that I also don't have any issues with the middle pickup. I have a core SAS and have not had issues with the middle pickup in that guitar. I think it is because they are bolt on neck guitars and they have a little more space between the pickups and the strings. One that I have been having some issues with is the PRS Studio that I bought last month. For some reason this week I am hitting the middle pickup on it all the time. It is closer to the strings than on my other guitars, which I think is because it is a set neck. The middle pickup is also in a little different position on it than on my other guitars as well as the narrofiled pickup is wider than the real single coils in my other guitars.