PRS MT15 Full Power Demo

Good stuff. What guitar/pickups are you using? Would also be interesting to hear this same sort of run thru but with just the amp, no 4CM HX involvement.

I've almost bought one of these several times, but never seen one in the wild to try out first, which is why I end up going other directions. But, it still sits on my "one of these days..." list. Your vid just further cements it's place on said list.
Thanks. Ibanez AZ2402 with stock SD Hyperions (Alnico 5s).

The HX Stomp had nothing active but the FX loop block, just hooking it all up to see how noisy it would be but now I'm curious if I could hear a difference without it.

With arms wide opaaawn

rock band 90s GIF

The MT15 has a problem with how the effects loop is set up and many of them suffer from 120Hz noise in the effects loop. This guy found the culprit and shows the fix, but it requires a bit of skill. I should also mention my own bias, as I love the sound of the lead channel of the amp, but the amp has a serious flaw. PRS did a free warranty repair of mine for me, and when I got it back from them it still had the FX loop hum problem. It’s not a small problem either as it really bugged me playing the amp. I no longer own the amp because of this, but as always YMMV.

Check out this video of the fix:

The MT15 has a problem with how the effects loop is set up and many of them suffer from 120Hz noise in the effects loop. This guy found the culprit and shows the fix, but it requires a bit of skill. I should also mention my own bias, as I love the sound of the lead channel of the amp, but the amp has a serious flaw. PRS did a free warranty repair of mine for me, and when I got it back from them it still had the FX loop hum problem. It’s not a small problem either as it really bugged me playing the amp. I no longer own the amp because of this, but as always YMMV.

Fix the noise (if it's there) and upgrade that transformer then :satan

Mesa Boogie had a similar issue with the Trans-Atlantic series. You cram all that goodness into a
tiny space and loop noise/hum is going to be an issue. The TA does have a toggle-switch so you can
bypass the FX loop, though. So there is that.

I think I've seen just about all of the MT15 content available up until I got mine, including this. When I went to GC to pick it up I brought an EQ pedal and a few cables to check it out before I brought it home and there was no issues at all. Also no humming or noise issues with my HX Stomp in 4CM.

I think they must have corrected the issue with the more recent units.

Yeah I’d be curious if the new version addressed this or if it was simply the switch of power tubes.

I think I've seen just about all of the MT15 content available up until I got mine, including this. When I went to GC to pick it up I brought an EQ pedal and a few cables to check it out before I brought it home and there was no issues at all. Also no humming or noise issues with my HX Stomp in 4CM.

I think they must have corrected the issue with the more recent units.
I hope so! It's a great sounding amp.

Mesa Boogie had a similar issue with the Trans-Atlantic series. You cram all that goodness into a
tiny space and loop noise/hum is going to be an issue. The TA does have a toggle-switch so you can
bypass the FX loop, though. So there is that.
I've never played the TA series, I only once ever saw the smallest one that didn't have an FX loop. I've had a few Mesa mini amps (Mini Rec, RV25, Mark V25) and they all had fantastic loops so I can't comment on the TA series, but the others were all top notch.

I had my MT15 since release, I think I got lucky on the noise thing... this is from 4 years ago when some dude in a FB group asked me to make a vid of the amp on the lead channel with the gain and volume up and nothing in the loop.

So yes, without the HX Stomp in 4CM I can notice what the tone suck takes away. After implementing some simple EQ/level fixes I got it sounding like it should with the HX Stomp all hooked up. Oddly enough, now it's even EASIER to dial in a classic rock gain tone on the Lead Channel. oh, and of course the amp is much louder than before ☣️

Back