PRS MT15 Full Power Demo

Alex Kenivel

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Just a quick demo with my new PRS MT15 on full power, 4CM hooked up, spl meter is involved. Some of you love to hate this amp so I'm gonna rub some more MT in your face. It's plenty loud enough for me and what I want to do and isn't a one trick pony IMO.

I like mine, definitely the best sounding small light and portable amp for metal fo sho. In my opinion it doesn't do a good rock/AC/DC tone but still awesome.

Sounds good. Love the channel colors! Does thecl clean channel take pedals nicely? If I could have found a local one that I knew didn't have noise issues; id have one absolutely.

I like mine, definitely the best sounding small light and portable amp for metal fo sho. In my opinion it doesn't do a good rock/AC/DC tone but still awesome.
It's not its strong point but I keep the gain at a level where it pulls it off just fine. I hit the front with an EQ boost and it gets back to its mean roots.

Sounds good. Love the channel colors! Does thecl clean channel take pedals nicely? If I could have found a local one that I knew didn't have noise issues; id have one absolutely.
Thanks.

I've only given it some HX dirt (all i'ze got) but I keep coming back to the Lead channel with gain around 7-8 o'clock for a medium drive. OCD, Heir Apparent and Horizon Drive all work well into the clean channel. I haven't tried any fuzz or legacy dirt but I need to.

The manufacture date on mine says 2/22 if that gives you any kind of reference of which units to look for. I only found the PRS forum right after I got it and the posts there honestly would have scared me away from buying one - most of the posts like that are from 2022 and before. I think they may have changed/fixed some things in the more recent amps.

52712137367_e328599e28_c.jpg

But yes, yes it does. We all know it chugs so why bother?

More HX Drives into the clean channel this morning. The Hedgehog D9 does a good impression of the lead channel. Pillars on Mode 1 works really well for light crunch, as does the Minotaur. The Kinky Boost sounds really good but there's an annoying volume jump with it. Stacking drives works great too.

I tried the Dhyana Drive for the first time in a long time and I can't get past it now! I've never used or liked this drive pedal before. Once again the HX drives sound better in front of real amps than they do modeled ones. I can hear their differences way more. The DD sounds great on the clean channel and makes a great boost for the lead channel with it's bass dump.

Ran some pink noise into the front end of the amp, and plugged the send output into my interface to visualize what the preamp is doing.

The mid knob is like a low treble knob and the treble is like a high treble. The more you boost the treble, the farther back across the frequency spectrum it reaches past 1k. The clean channel has more bass than the lead. Getting the lead channel's bass response up to flat you really have crank bass knob and it still drops off gradually toward the lower end of the spectrum. The clean Channel can get you to a very even flat response. I see why people like to run pedals into the clean Channel. The pull boost is a clean level boost encompassing the entire Spectrum.

Off to a family movie.. Can and will post graphs later. This is what happens when a modeling nerd buys an amp

^^^^Guy playing live on the Clean Channel, really in the zone, and then switches to
OD/Gain/Lead Channel and absolutely disappears in the mix. :wat
:wat:idk

Fascinating breakdown. Interesting that the amp basically has a sound on each channel and the knobs do very little to alter it. (Particularly how the mid and treble are basically pushing the same general frequencies) I’d love to see breakdowns like this on more amps. Well done dude.

Fascinating breakdown. Interesting that the amp basically has a sound on each channel and the knobs do very little to alter it. (Particularly how the mid and treble are basically pushing the same general frequencies) I’d love to see breakdowns like this on more amps. Well done dude.
Thanks, of course this doesn't account for the response of the power amp but I'm not set up for doing that at a reasonable volume.

Good stuff. What guitar/pickups are you using? Would also be interesting to hear this same sort of run thru but with just the amp, no 4CM HX involvement.

I've almost bought one of these several times, but never seen one in the wild to try out first, which is why I end up going other directions. But, it still sits on my "one of these days..." list. Your vid just further cements it's place on said list.

Back