Proof that punters don't care

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Went and checked out a local cover band this past Saturday. The single guitarists tone was drenched in what sounded like a hall reverb. Every single song from Van Morrison to steppenwolf to The Beatles was completely drenched. Sounded horrific to me but the crowd loved it. This is a place that is fairly picky about the bands they have there too.

I used to be a big reverb fan, still like it but it worked better in a 3pc band because you have more room to utilize it. I never cared for the washy sound unless the song called for that texture. Same with delay.

1686849007099.png

I used to be a big reverb fan, still like it but it worked better in a 3pc band because you have more room to utilize it. I never cared for the washy sound unless the song called for that texture. Same with delay.
Yeah I mean it was so wet you could barely discern the notes.

At least one person in the crowd cared so much that they went home and started a thread on the internet about it :cop

I haul around these heavy tube amps for you, Bob.

Although I’m definitely guilty of using lots of reverb basically always :rofl

I highly doubt as much as this dude did. I really should have taken a phone video but I had a bout vertigo from the spaced out sounds coming out of the guys speaker cab.

Back