Probett SG/tele hybrid -- anybody know much about this builder?

Wasn't expecting to like it, but…

Paris Hilton Thats Hot GIF

Not familar with the builder, though.

At first it seemed so wrong, but the more I look the more I like it. I have yet to find an SG to GAS over. This, however, is making me tingle.

Wow....just stunning...not surprised at the price (which is far more than I'd ever pay for a guitar).

Article with video from a few years ago....

[Surprised someone hasn't decided to "Play Litigious" with this...]

Wow....just stunning...not surprised at the price (which is far more than I'd ever pay for a guitar).

Article with video from a few years ago....

[Surprised someone hasn't decided to "Play Litigious" with this...]

Nothing to litigate -- MAYBE Fender on the headstock?

I read a few articles and watched a few videos of the dude building a neck and doing a TV yellow finish. A skillfully handmade set neck guitar - I'm not gonna scoff at $5k for that. I'd definitely take this over a $5k PRS any day of the week.

My rule for buying stuff is generally, "can I sell it for what I paid?" I guess that's why I'm always hesitant to buy less well-known stuff. So maybe find one used?

My rule for buying stuff is generally, "can I sell it for what I paid?" I guess that's why I'm always hesitant to buy less well-known stuff. So maybe find one used?
That's my general-ish rule of thumb. Also on my general-ish rule of thumb is not to get risky with a guitar your can't play before you buy. So this would pretty much break my two main rules of thumb for guitar buying...

wanna rock jack black GIF

You can see a quality build with good materials immediately without having to look at the price.

Back