Potential Ibanez Jem 77FP Reissue Imminent?

norminal

Rock Star
So I just got an email from DiMarzio about their new Steve Vai Botanical Strap:

IMG_2426.png

Kind of a random drop, that is, unless you add speculation on a potential Ibanez Jem 77FP reissue. What do you think? Will we see a Jem 77FP at NAMM? 😮

Eh, Dimarzio puts out those Satch straps at random, too.

They've already done 1 anniversary run of the FP's and since space/back orders are the reasons there's no new MIJ's this year, I can't see them putting time/space into the FP's since they have to glue that fabric to the body before they clear it. I suppose they could do a limited Siggi run so they wouldn't have to build them at Fugijen, but it'd still be an odd model for them to do again.

I mean, I suppose it'd be in line with how lame Ibanez has been. If they're going to bring any older model back as a reissue, I want to see the JEM77GMC's.

iu

They've already done 1 anniversary run of the FP's and since space/back orders are the reasons there's no new MIJ's this year, I can't see them putting time/space into the FP's since they have to glue that fabric to the body before they clear it. I suppose they could do a limited Siggi run so they wouldn't have to build them at Fugijen, but it'd still be an odd model for them to do again.

I mean, I suppose it'd be in line with how lame Ibanez has been. If they're going to bring any older model back as a reissue, I want to see the JEM77GMC's.

iu

But could they just make them with paint? I have one of the Premium JEM's in the blue floral pattern and I just assumed it was painted on - not fabric (never looked that closely).

So if they can make the blue floral in a Premium, would it be that hard to switch over to the original floral with the same Premium finishing process? Just wondering.

But could they just make them with paint? I have one of the Premium JEM's in the blue floral pattern and I just assumed it was painted on - not fabric (never looked that closely).

So if they can make the blue floral in a Premium, would it be that hard to switch over to the original floral with the same Premium finishing process? Just wondering.

The Premium BFP’s have a paper print under the clear coat, they could certainly do it easy enough, I just don’t see it as a likely thing they’ll re-introduce after doing a couple MIJ runs already. The BFP had years of people asking for a reissue before the Premium came out because the original was so rare, but in this case, the 77FP’s are one of the more popular JEMs, even if they haven’t been in production for a while.

iu
They reissued the MC Universes in 3 colors about 4 years ago, they were 7,777 dollars and have only gone UP in value. Stupid me was in line for one but being I have an original MKR, passed on it.

They reissued the MC Universes in 3 colors about 4 years ago, they were 7,777 dollars and have only gone UP in value. Stupid me was in line for one but being I have an original MKR, passed on it.

Those are probably the only models they can reissue whenever the hell they want and they’ll still fetch stupid money. Especially if they got Darren from ATD swirling them again. (Reminds me, I need to reach out to him and see how he’s been, that guy has had it ROUGH) .

By the time I was out of high school and working full time, the MC’s were already in the $3500-$5000 range and that was in ‘01. They’re all unobtanium to me at this point. Hahahaha at best I’m hoping I can score the UV777PBK ((the last one with the pyramid inlay on the body) for under $2500 used.

Those are probably the only models they can reissue whenever the hell they want and they’ll still fetch stupid money. Especially if they got Darren from ATD swirling them again. (Reminds me, I need to reach out to him and see how he’s been, that guy has had it ROUGH) .

By the time I was out of high school and working full time, the MC’s were already in the $3500-$5000 range and that was in ‘01. They’re all unobtanium to me at this point. Hahahaha at best I’m hoping I can score the UV777PBK ((the last one with the pyramid inlay on the body) for under $2500 used.
I was never really entirely happy with my MKR. It’s ok, but the ATD swirls are SOOOOO much nicer. Last we spoke he will swirl a body, but after the fire I lost contact with him.

Even still it seems the MKRs can fetch a pretty penny. I’ve had it since the late 90s, it is a 1990 and in typical condition with a ding or 2 and some pitting on the hardware but nothing stupid. I have the swirled strap it came with somewhere, too. Artist guitars are stupid (this is just me thinking out loud not using the inside voice). If I’m not Steve Vai why in the hell am I playing this guitar? I cant make it sound as good as most of my others, even my regular old 7620. But here it sits, for 2 decades now mostly unplayed. Whatever. My wife says she’s making my coffin out of all of these guitars.

I was never really entirely happy with my MKR. It’s ok, but the ATD swirls are SOOOOO much nicer. Last we spoke he will swirl a body, but after the fire I lost contact with him.

Even still it seems the MKRs can fetch a pretty penny. I’ve had it since the late 90s, it is a 1990 and in typical condition with a ding or 2 and some pitting on the hardware but nothing stupid. I have the swirled strap it came with somewhere, too. Artist guitars are stupid (this is just me thinking out loud not using the inside voice). If I’m not Steve Vai why in the hell am I playing this guitar? I cant make it sound as good as most of my others, even my regular old 7620. But here it sits, for 2 decades now mostly unplayed. Whatever. My wife says she’s making my coffin out of all of these guitars.

Ok, well I take back my “If you ever get rid of that Bowen model, let me know” and I‘m replacing it with “How about I just send you a couple hundred bucks a month and promise to never sell the UVMC and if you ever WANTED it back, I’d sell it to you for what I paid for it?” :rofl

Some of the MKR’s came out cool. I’m a bit less picky about owning one these days……hahahahahha my lord I remember when those were going for $1300 on Jemsite in the 90’s.

I lost touch with Darren when he was just starting the cleanup/rebuild. That’s kind of his thing, though, he’ll be all over social media for a few months and then disappear for a while. I know he’s got some personal life stuff that takes up a lot of his time and energy that no one would want to deal with.

Back