PolyChrome McRocklin Suite (v1.5)

Ok, the size makes more sense now.

Well, yes and no. First off, 175 MB is still a very large file size for a plugin not coming with samples or high resolution graphic gizmos. And then, at least under macOS they don't seem to manage ressource sharing, which I think is pretty bad. For comparison, the Amplitube 4 component file is just 434KB, the VST plugin is even smaller, etc. - with all version sharing the same ressources located elsewhere. Which, obviously, is a lot more efficient in terms of overall size.

Well, still no drama (just bad practice, but that's not too uncommon) - if the plugin sounded decent. Well, in fact, for that asking price it should rather sound great. But hey, maybe it's just me and my bad taste.

Ok, the size makes more sense now.
The plug in has about 500 presets. Pre and post effects, a tuner, eqs and some cabs. I think it directly competes with neurals plugs but it does lack an IR loader. If it drops to a decent sale price I'll grab it. I think overall it competes with what's out there. I think the reverbs are very good. I learned about it off Ola's video he posted a while ago.

I think the reverbs are very good.

Fwiw, even in my vastly less positive opinion, that's in fact one of the better things in this plugin. But then, it also sucks because you can't use the reverb for anything else as the amp block can't be bypassed. Pretty meh.

I've thought about grabbing it many times; heard some dope clips

I'm not sure whether the price stays at 150.00 or whatever, but I checked my receipt and when I bought it around 12/1 and it was 74.50 including VT sales tax. Must be they have 50% off offers. Anyway, I totally stand by my assessment of it, even though there will be naysayers. It works great, no latency issue or dependability issues on my old 2012 Mac , and the hi-gain amp sim, the acoustic amp sims are as good as anything I've tried. The pre and post effects are all GREAT, and some of the best I've used The Edge and Clean amps haven't been very impressive to me but the others completely make up for that. I don't want software that can only sound 100% like real tube amps, because I have loads of great amps. (what I'd consider world-class amps already!) I haven't tried "Boss" stuff in many years , although I have an original Boss PH2 phaser on my gig pedalboard for every gig for 20 years, and still have a Roland SDE-2500 kicking around, but if people want to insult Boss as a company, I'm not 1 of them. I have 0 clue if this sounds like any Boss software/hardware of current times but it sure can be used to make great music and produce pretty amazing tones and keep people very entertained. I have 0 issues with it, other than I'd rather the 'Edge' amp be more up my alley, but the range of the hi-gain one more than makes up for it

Last edited:
Back