Pizza

I love pizzas of all shapes and sizes and styles

This will probably trigger several people but my drummer somehow got his hands on some Provel cheese in colorado and made us some St. Louis style pizza. It was pretty damn good

I’ve wanted to try Provel for years now, it sounds like a perfect cheese. Most cheese is perfect cheese.

There's something intoxicating---literally---about Cheese. I feel bad for the lactose intolerant among us.

Yeah, this was something that was brought up quite a bit when my ex was heavy in the v*gan activism. If I remember right, it responds to certain receptors the same way opiates respond to opioid receptors and creates an addictive effect.

I did the plant-based thing for 5 years and actually really enjoyed it, but I’m not f*ckin’ giving up cheese. Cheese, sour cream, chicken and eggs I don’t think I’ll ever give up.

detroit-style pizza is killer. i go to parma pizzeria in thousand oaks. owned by mick mahan, the bassist for pat benatar.

I've gotten pretty good at making my own in a regular home oven, these last few years. The secret is slow fermentation in the fridge for 3 days; which requires a lot of forward-planning, but the pay-off is so worth it.

Also: Fior Di Late, rather than rubbery old mozzarella, and San Marzano tomatoes because they taste bright and sweet and not bitter or too acidic.

Here's mine:
scott-pizza.jpg

Last edited:
I've gotten pretty good at making my own, these last few years. The secret is slow fermentation in the fridge for 3 days; which requires a lot of forward-planning, but the pay-off is so worth it.

Also: Fior Di Late, rather than rubbery old mozzarella, and San Marzano tomatoes because they taste bright and sweet and not bitter or too acidic.

Here's mine:View attachment 113

I LOVE San Marzano tomatoes, they’re the closest thing I can find to the cherry tomatoes my grandparents used to grow, which were the sweetest tomatoes I’ve ever tasted in my life. Their regular heirloom tomatoes were sweet, never mind the cherries. They’re a little pricey down here, but it’s absolutely worth it.

That looks AWESOME (even though I’m not an arugula fan because it‘s like spiny, dry lettuce :rofl )

I've gotten pretty good at making my own in a regular home oven, these last few years. The secret is slow fermentation in the fridge for 3 days; which requires a lot of forward-planning, but the pay-off is so worth it.

Here's mine:View attachment 113
Looks Good!

Tried something new today and ordered a vegan Teriyaki Pizza for lunch. It would most likely have been really good if the delivery service had managed to bring it to me warmer than room temperature.

Am I the only one here who watches Dave Portnoy? :hmm Living vicariously while I eat Totinos :(

Back