Pitch shifters

primeholy

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
I have a pitch fork that is acting up a bit. I use it do detune my guitar instead of having different guitars. I was wondering if i should send it off to ehx, or try something different. The song I will be using it on initially is “can’t find my way home “ winwood/Clapton, as they are tuned a full step down I believe, and that would help immensely with vocals. I used to use it for this a few years ago, and it did a good enough job till it started with its loud humming that totally overpowered the signal.

Yup, Digitech Drop, if that's all you need. Doesn't get any easier elsewhere, and it sounds legit when placed first in chain. Cleans can get a bit synthy, but drive sounds are awesome!

I cleaned out the jacks on my pitchfork, and I’m gonna mess with placement and power before I get something else. If it doesn’t I’ll probably grab the drop, but ehx also has the intelligent harmony machine….

I think they all have a hint of latency. Have used the POG and HOG stuff, the Pitchfork, the Drop, and the Whammy DT (still
have) and they all have a bit of built-in compromise that is going to make it sound and feel a bit artificial---especially the
farther you go off pitch and detune. :idk

I think they all have a hint of latency. Have used the POG and HOG stuff, the Pitchfork, the Drop, and the Whammy DT (still
have) and they all have a bit of built-in compromise that is going to make it sound and feel a bit artificial---especially the
farther you go off pitch and detune.

Some latency is inherent in the physics/math of pitch shifting.

Yes, I agree the wet tones are artificial/synthetic which is how they are constructed. Octave shifts can be a bit more natural. Perhaps there will be better implementations in the future (which will sound odd to people used to the current devices not unlike digital versus analog versus tape delay).

I only use the Ricochet for pitch stuff and it covers more than I need. I'm sure the Drop is good too.

I think the HX poly shifting is better than the whammy now, but they’ll both get the job done. With the HX you get a super useful eq control and you can select the quality/latency you want.

D

Back