Pigtronix Fuzz

Hahahaha I actually dig ‘em quite a bit, too. Once they’re in that Octavia zone I’m really digging it. Don’t like the lower gain sounds at all, but I really dig it up the neck with the fuzz crankin’. This does border on the kind of fuzz pedals I don’t dig, but there’s some stuff in there I thought was cool.

But damnit, no more dirt pedals. For a little while.

Hahahaha I actually dig ‘em quite a bit, too. Once they’re in that Octavia zone I’m really digging it. Don’t like the lower gain sounds at all, but I really dig it up the neck with the fuzz crankin’. This does border on the kind of fuzz pedals I don’t dig, but there’s some stuff in there I thought was cool.

But damnit, no more dirt pedals. For a little while.
I find myself always gravitating to the gross sounding shit :rofl

I find myself always gravitating to the gross sounding s**t :rofl

For fuzz, me too. “Normal” sounding fuzz translates to just sounding like another variation of a drive/od tone in a live mix IMO. If you want something to stand out as a “fuzz tone” it has to be pretty exaggerated sometimes. Same goes for delays, verbs, mods, they have to be a lot more present than a lot of people realize to actually be heard in a mix as what they are (if that’s what you want them to do).

The tradeoff with the wild/gross/exaggerated fuzz sounds is I can’t use them very often, so they take up space or dsp and rarely ever get used. Still, I love them and won’t get rid of them…

D

You want an insane deal on a Fuzz/OD/Octavia snag one of the older big box Disnortions from Pigtronix.

3 legit pedal circuits in one box. About a Hundo on the 'Verb.

rxihz2j3fn83i5s22oea.jpg

Yeah I've def been super interested in the Star Eater myself

Currently from Pigtronix I have the Aria, Warhog, Disnortion (big box), Philosopher's Rock, Quantum, and Echolution 2 FP

All of them absolutely fuck

You want an insane deal on a Fuzz/OD/Octavia snag one of the older big box Disnortions from Pigtronix.

rxihz2j3fn83i5s22oea.jpg

Yeah this thing is absolutely one of the biggest sleepers out there. What you get for the price is just retarded good

Yeah I've def been super interested in the Star Eater myself

Currently from Pigtronix I have the Aria, Warhog, Disnortion (big box), Philosopher's Rock, Quantum, and Echolution 2 FP

All of them absolutely f**k

Just remembered I also have a Mothership 2 - when I was still in my prog/funk band I used this to "play bass" and guitar at the same time while we were looking for a bass player :D

rxihz2j3fn83i5s22oea.jpg

Absolutely one of the coolest filth machines out there!

The clip in the OP was gross in all the best ways. Rock Choi is killer!

Really cool. I need to mess with some good fuzz tones like this in the FM9! Any suggested blocks to start with?

The first demo was awesome.

My man reminding me of Damon Wayons from In Living Color.

giphy.gif

Back