• Friedman Steve Stevens v2

• Marshall JVM410

• Marshall JCM800

• Stop, get a new hobby

Results are only viewable after voting.
e4738376-2af4-49e0-a645-9045b344dda1_text.gif

How’s that Mezzabarba Trinity? :ROFLMAO:

#gear-enablers-anonymous

Last time I checked, the Ceriatone wait was around 40 weeks and upwards from there. Perhaps the situtation has improved recently though. The pandemic hit them so hard.

Nik was very responsive via email. You can always ask him.

Damn, that’s crazy. I’m ASSuming things have steadied out because he’s been making videos of recent builds and I’d imagine he’d probably put a bit of a halt on that so he’s not getting inundated with orders, but who knows.

Here’s my theory for @Whizzinby :

You’re going to get to the SS100 v2 eventually.

The only question is will there be an amp in between on the way.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Tell me more, about said JVM experience.

I like it a lot, got the 210H in september and have been using at as my main amp with the band since. All three modes in the clean crunch channel sound fantastic and take dirt pedals really well too. The second mode on the higher gain channel is where I hang on mine. Big brutal high gain tones. It is pretty compressed on the higher gain modes, that might be a good or bad thing depending on preference. It's a kick ass amp, thats about all I got, if you have any more specific questions lmk :rofl

Only other thing, I would go used if you go the JVM route... the new prices have gotten truly insane on these and theres other amps I'd be looking at if spending $3-4K

I'm trying to decide on 2555x vs TC-100 and now a local guy has a super great shape JVM410H up for crazy low $$$. I know I wouldn't buy any of those three you are looking at new. The prices are just stupid. Matter of fact I haven't bought any amp new (except for my first amp a Crate GX-60, new in '93, still have it LOL).

Do not get a JP2C or Mark V. I have a Mark V and can tell you for certain, even though it can do tons of stuff, it's a Mark, not a Marshall.

The thing I sometimes trip over with amps is that if it's not associated with a specific artist or album or tone in my mind, then I sometimes think that the amp doesn't belong to anything and it's somehow less iconic, valuable or meaningful. Rectos/Marks/Metallica, JCM800/80's rock/Thrash/Metal, Bogners/AIC/others, Friedmans/? (they just sound great), I'm sure there are other examples for each amp. But now I just want the sound I want and I don't care about the aforementioned hangups. As it relates to Marshalls they are associated with so many great artists, albums, songs, etc. it's hard to go wrong with one.

If I can get the guy to return my messages I'm buying that JVM.

Yngwie said it best:

I'm trying to decide on 2555x vs TC-100 and now a local guy has a super great shape JVM410H up for crazy low $$$. I know I wouldn't buy any of those three you are looking at new. The prices are just stupid. Matter of fact I haven't bought any amp new (except for my first amp a Crate GX-60, new in '93, still have it LOL).

Do not get a JP2C or Mark V. I have a Mark V and can tell you for certain, even though it can do tons of stuff, it's a Mark, not a Marshall.

The thing I sometimes trip over with amps is that if it's not associated with a specific artist or album or tone in my mind, then I sometimes think that the amp doesn't belong to anything and it's somehow less iconic, valuable or meaningful. Rectos/Marks/Metallica, JCM800/80's rock/Thrash/Metal, Bogners/AIC/others, Friedmans/? (they just sound great), I'm sure there are other examples for each amp. But now I just want the sound I want and I don't care about the aforementioned hangups. As it relates to Marshalls they are associated with so many great artists, albums, songs, etc. it's hard to go wrong with one.

Yngwie said it best:

Yeah used JVMs seem really well priced. It's quite the disparity compared to new, even more than usual when it comes to amps

Yngwie said it best:

Yeah bunch of stupid inflated prices these days. Have to wonder when that bubble is going to burst, or if that will be the new normal.

Sweetwater has “B-stock” 410H’s for $2,500, which knocks a good chunk off the new price. To the best I can tell b-stock is either blemished or a factory refurb. Not sure if that’s code for buying a dog or not, but I think they cover it for 2 years. (The extent of which I don’t know)

What’s your local dude selling his 410 for? Some go for really good prices, but I’m always paranoid at anything that looks like a great deal these days.

I saw a Mark V 35w for $1,500 at my local shop. I just walked on by before I’d even tempt myself. :ROFLMAO: Must stay focused.

Back