Pedal power going out... why?

sykjar

Hello! I am upgrading some pedals on my board, and I installed a new Timeline onto my board today, and about 2 hours after, I started having problems.

For reference -
I am running a OneSpot Cs7 for power

In the 100mA 18v slot, I am running a Mini Wampler Ego compressor (~22mA), and an Emerson Custom Em-Drive (~14mA)
In one 200mA 9v slot, I have a Mini Polytune 3 (100mA)
In the other 3 200mA 9v slot, I have cables not attached to anything, because I am preparing to use them for pedals coming soon. I am planning on combining 2 slots to power a UA Dream (400mA) and in the other 200 running an Alexander Wavelength (~80mA)
In one 500mA I have my new Timeline (300mA) and a JHS Kilt v1 (~100mA)
In the other 500mA I have micro POG (~180mA) and a Tce HOF2 (~100mA). The Hall of Fame 2 will be swapped for a 300mA Big Sky in the coming days.

I have externally a HX Stomp running off it's own external power cable in order monitor my signal - headphones plugged in.

I played on this set up for about an hour with zero problems, but then I noticed a high pitched squeal that was just droning even when I unplugged my guitar. I isolated what I thought might be the problem. I unplugged my Kilt, causing it to bypass, and the noise went away. I then took one of the spare cables I am not using right now and plugged in the kilt to that. Still no noise.
Shortly after, half my board shut off/ my ego,poly, and both drives stayed powered, but all of my effects pedals, (TL,HOF,POG) were unresponsive. I was hearing a popping sound repeat in my headphones. Every once and a while the power would return to all the pedals but then immediately shut off again.

Any ideas to what is going on? It does not seem to me that it should be overloading the onespot.

Failing power supply maybe?

For any digital pedals, plug them into a single isolated output per pedal. Otherwise you are likely to get noise issues.

Back