Outboard recommendations

Bruce

Shredder
Hooked up with AudioScape at NAMM. I cant rave enough about their product line and company. If you’re looking for any outboard comps or EQs, these guys are the truth. Small company, I think it’s 10 guys or so in Florida. I purchased the opto comp (2A clone) and the Bus comp (an SSL G series clone). These things are pure sex. Full reviews coming soon. I have the 260 DBX clone en route as well. Just thought I’d share the experience.

Waiting on reviews.

Been using Ozone the last few years, buddy of mine raves about outboard stuff and gets disgusting clips.

Waiting on reviews.

Been using Ozone the last few years, buddy of mine raves about outboard stuff and gets disgusting clips.
I can beat Ozone ozone with the SSL Fusion and Bus Plus. Ozone has tools in it you’d need 10 pieces of outboard to completely replicate.

Now, an actual mastering engineer who knows what hes doing might be able to beat that with Ozone. Point is I cant. I know Ozone pretty well (purchased ozone 2 back in maybe 2006 or so and have been upgrading since). I come at gear reviews from the perspective of I’m everyguy in their basement. This is how I can get it, so you have a good idea how YOU can get it sounding, too. I’m not CLA. Everything he does sounds amazing, so what’s the point?

Not trying to compete, I’m on Ozone 9 (or so?) just wondering what you can do they they can’t.

My bro is doing things I can’t accomplish and he sounds great, was wondering if you could do the same with this stuff, cause if you can I have disposable income.

Not trying to compete, I’m on Ozone 9 (or so?) just wondering what you can do they they can’t.

My bro is doing things I can’t accomplish and he sounds great, was wondering if you could do the same with this stuff, cause if you can I have disposable income.
There is no competition in art, and the best I can tell no one ever got buried with their outboard 😂.

Here are my initial thoughts regarding my first 2 outboard purchases, the SSL Fusion and Bus Plus.

When I bought the Bus Plus, my room grew 3x the size. It sounded like the music was coming from beyond the speakers. It is more than just M/S processing. there is more going on I personally dont fully understand but the end result is decluttering my mixes and making the soundscape wider, maybe by double. The bus plus has a metric shit ton of features.

When I added the Fusion, I had a lot more control and was able to add some different flavors.

The comps mentioned upthread will be used on channel processing. Ran a vocal thru the opto comp and my god. I have the UAD 2A bundle, have all the UAD shit and thought that was good. Outboard is just……different. honestly if you have a few bucks to throw around, you’d at least get your money back flipping it. They dont make many, they’re all hand built in Florida. Check Reverb, they all go for at least retail. For full disclosure, I paid retail right off their site so I’m not shilling. I honestly believe in their company and their philosophy and most importantly, their product.

I could never get this kind of dimension out of Ozone. Pilot error? Always a possibility. Point is my observations were immediate that something was drastically different and better.

Back