Orange Rockerverb MK3

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
I plugged in my Orange today for the longest time. Did a bunch of tricks from my video here. Such a great amp - to be honest, I forgot how much it rules. It really gives all my other high-gainers a run for their money.

With the GigRig G3 I should be able to control the built in reverb and attenuator at the same time as switching the channels. I'm gonna have to give this a proper go when I get a free afternoon; sorely lacking those right now!!

I also played with my Diezel VH4, and I wasn't really into it to be honest. Need to go back to that one further on down the line.

Looking back through my emails, I bought the Rockerverb MK3 in 2016!

Dude I’ve circled the drain on a Rockerverb a couple times this year after using it a bit on the AxeFX. It’s such a unique amp with its own vibe.

Dude I’ve circled the drain on a Rockerverb a couple times this year after using it a bit on the AxeFX. It’s such a unique amp with its own vibe.

Do it…. I love my Rockerverb. It’s definitely British but sits in a different space from my Marshall style amps.

I played through my Rockerverb a bit this morning. Went through all my amps actually. I love the Rockerverb gain channel with a boost like my SD-1. It tightens it up just enough and keeps it sounding monstrous. Beautiful sounding cleans too. Definitely a lifer amp to have around.
My issue with the cleans is early break-up.
I just ran the clean with the attenuator for the broken teeth cleans.
You can pick these amps for a steal in the used marketplace

My issue with the cleans is early break-up.
I actually think the Rockerverb has a lot of headroom for clean cleans. The thing I don't like is not having a mids control. Guess that is what the effects loop is for, but there is no bypass for the effects loop. Once you plug into it, that is that.

That's a really nice crunch sound from the clean channel. (y)
I don't have much experience with Orange amps, would be fun to crank one someday.

I've had the 50 for a long time and liked it.

Recently picked up a 100 and like it more.

Great amps.

@The other John Browne I feel the same about the Orange clean channel. When you run it "clean" clean.... it is pretty anaemic. I think it is really meant to be an on the edge of breakup kind of thing, that's where it starts to come alive. An EQ in the loop can help a lot with the cleaner tones, because you can cut some mids and add some treble and get a bit of sparkle.

Dude the Rockerverb really worked over that EVH in the head to head comp.

Dance Hump GIF

Orange has all da mids, and the EVH while tighter, sounded abrasive in direct comparison.

Last edited:
Back