One hit wonder songs you love

There sooooo many 1 hit wonders from the 80s and 90s that I like.

Pocket Full of Kryptonite was the first cassette I bought as a young, budding fan of music. ”Two Princes” was really the gateway song that took me from only listening to my dad’s Floyd collection to watching MTV regularly. I listened to that album a couple years ago, it’s still a pretty good album.

In the Meantime is an awesome tune. Mongo (Mungo?) City was killer as well. Cinderella had like 5 hit songs? I would have liked them about 1,000x better if they would have had a different visual presentation.

I was watching this movie one night when I realized my son makes the exact same facial expressions as the drummer.

His brother reminded me that he’s seen this movie 1 million times; of course his brother the drummer, makes the same faces as a Skitch. Lulz

Far too many one hit wonders for me to name just a single band or tune.

Going to see these guys in a couple weeks with Rev Horton Heat (interesting line up). I only know this song and none from Horton Heat, but I heard they put on a good show and tickets were cheap, so f*ck it.

The whammy bar part I thought was the coolest thing when I was in 7th grade. Clearly I hadn’t heard Vai yet.

Going to see these guys in a couple weeks with Rev Horton Heat (interesting line up). I only know this song and none from Horton Heat, but I heard they put on a good show and tickets were cheap, so f*ck it.

The whammy bar part I thought was the coolest thing when I was in 7th grade. Clearly I hadn’t heard Vai yet.

This is a guilty pleasure of mine as well! This is one where I start sing… er, screaming during the ending when it pops up on the radio in the car.

That was the big hit but Backslider!!! is great. And I Come From The Water is great too.

43 minutes and 50 seconds of enjoyable hitness :D
It was #1 on Australia, Canada and Dutch hit lists in 1972

Let me help you to pick up your dead... That was great

And if you are into quick-satisfaction, here is a shorter hit of 21 minutes. It only reached #4 at UK Albums Chart, though.

Last edited:
Back