OK. Even the diehards gotta try this,

KingsXJJ

Roadie
I did try recently with the $179 Line 6 Pod Express. Not for me.

Try the ATOMIC AMPLI-FIREBOX MK II Now on sale for $199.

Try it with fresh ears.

Last edited:
iirc, it wasn't exactly the audio quality that let the AFB go unpopular.

+1000 this. The AFB MKII sounds damn great in my experience, particularly for Marshall-y tones.

It's just a tough value proposition against things like the POD Express these days, specially if you don't plan to actually gig the thing.

Not available in Europe...

Also... this 😢 It was on sale for even cheaper a number of times last year, and i couldn't buy one because Atomic will not ship outside the US/Canada.

Last edited:
Just ordered my
It’s more purpose built for gigging, but isn’t as full featured as the POD Express. While it definitely overlaps, I think it’s a different product segment.
I’m not going into the modeling, because that’s a lot more subjective.
I use it as my ultimate headphone modeler. I’m not big on modulation so with the decent selection of amps, comp, boosters, delay and reverb…. It does the job and sounds great to me. It’s a shame that the lead developer left the company from what I recall reading (no source). He was clearly talented.

I still have my Ampli-Firebox (mk1) - it’s a great pedal and I dig the sounds a lot - it’s definitely more a preset machine beyond tweaking the amps though - it always bummed me out that I had to open the editor to change reverb or delay sounds. Also not stereo which for a headphone tool is a big drawback.

I agree with PW that it’s more of a gigging pedal and drops into a pedal board as an amp vs being an all in one.

I’m keeping it for the Cornfield model alone though!

The diehards? :unsure:
1000034337.gif

I did try recently with the $179 Line 6 Pod Express. Not for me.

Try the ATOMIC AMPLI-FIREBOX MK II Now on sale for $199.

Try it with fresh ears.
The Atomic modelling sounded pretty good and it still does - although maybe not as good as newer stuff - but the company ( at least support ) is dreadful ...

Back