NUX PA-50 Inexpensive "FRFR" under the radar

Wow! much more expensive. I've paid 7,600THB, which is roughly 200USD or $270CAD

Finally some advantage of being at this hemisphere. Normally it is the other way.
Yes and then here in Quebec add on top of that a 15% tax lol

Well, I don't think any of these small monitors are made with bass players in mind. Keyboarders often use even smaller ones, at least quite some that I know.

NUX has the Mighty Bass 50BT that is also 6.5" (237USD here). It looks great for practicing or small rehearsals. It has Amp modeler, effects, drums, looper, external IR loader, Bluetooth, Smartphone app, USB audio interface...

I considered it for our bass player, but I've finally bought the Fender Rumble 100.

That 8W guitar thing could be pretty interesting for me. Anybody ever played through one of those and could tell me about the maximum volume?

The loudness test referred here a few post back is a test I did.
I have had PA 50 for almost 2 years and it has worked great. We are a folk rock band and do not have very loud stage (thanks to a drummer with great touch), so for my case use, it had worked great. I always use the input 2 the flat response one.
It is true about weight - I even wanted to take it apart and build a new cab from light pine, but have not gotten to it yet

Fwiw I took the amp panel and speakers out including pretty big transformer( almost as big as typical 15W Tube PT) and the MDF box only weighs 14lb !!! Pretty dedicated with a nice bass reflex, but omg it is heavy.
I am definitely going to build a simple cab for it and see how that sounds. I would actually welcome less bass - usually have to cut down bass to about 9-10’ for live play with my band

Back