NUX PA-50 Inexpensive "FRFR" under the radar

Piing

Roadie
  • 50 Watt
  • 2 Channels: [Input 1]: 1/4 jack input. [Input 2]: 1/4 jack and XLR combo input
  • 3 Band EQ (Bass – Middle – Treble)
  • 6.5″ Woofer and 1.5″ Tweeter
  • 1/8 Aux input
  • 1/4 Aux output (back)
Nice curve
1697443462671.jpeg

1697443508235.png

$200 here at the Land of Smiles.

I am doubting between getting two of these, or waiting for one Fender FR-12 which will not be available here until next month.

Seems like a good feature set, though I wonder how well they perform with some volume. 50W in things like these seems low.
Now I'm with a band that uses an e-drum kit for rehearsals, and I can plug my aux output to the rehearsal room PA if I want. I think it will be more than enough. And even better with two, for stereo.

Last edited:
Price/feature ratio is not bad at all, but, honestly... i kinda hate the design. Reminds me of a generic PA box built in the 70s.

ngl, one of the main reasons i immediately gravitated to Fender's FR-12 was the fact that it's built to look like a regular combo amp 👉👈

Just saw this at TheOtherPlace:

"If it helps I just measured the volume of the NUX PA50
Using input 2 and Volume at about 10-11:00, TMB 1:00, 1:00, 11:00, and playing through with Fractal FM3 Deluxe Reverb preset and output level at 1:00, it is about as loud as my Princeton Reverb 64 at 3.5 volume - measured by dB meter ~ 100 dB 3 ft distance"

I'm starting to look at smaller, compact, cheaper "FRFR" solutions . . .

Seems like a good feature set, though I wonder how well they perform with some volume. 50W in things like these seems low.
House or apartment would likely be fine, but all but the quietest coffee shop setups, likely not enough power.

ETA: To Frets recent post. Agreed, I'm just not sure NU-x would have put the funding on that portion of the design. Could be wrong. But usually that level of engineering costs a bit more than the price point of most NU-X products.

Just saw this at TheOtherPlace:

"If it helps I just measured the volume of the NUX PA50
Using input 2 and Volume at about 10-11:00, TMB 1:00, 1:00, 11:00, and playing through with Fractal FM3 Deluxe Reverb preset and output level at 1:00, it is about as loud as my Princeton Reverb 64 at 3.5 volume - measured by dB meter ~ 100 dB 3 ft distance"

I'm starting to look at smaller, compact, cheaper "FRFR" solutions . . .
Solutions
:farley

I've grabbed a NUX PA-50 while I wait for the Fender FR-12 to be available in Thailand.

The first impression is that this little thing is surprisingly heavy for its size! (11.5kg) I've bought it at the same time as a Fender Rumble 100 bass amp, which is bigger but lighter. These magnets are no joke.

The first impression when powering up is that it is dead silent. Zero noise floor. Suck that, Fender !!:crazy

I cannot test it loud here, but at low volume it doesn't sound bad at all. Next week I will play it at the rehearsal room.

And once I have the FR-12 I will be able to compare them (setting both at equal volume, of course)

NUX PA-50.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty Nice Manny, but I dunno about the 6.5" Woofer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, should be Min 8" and maybe offer up 10" and 12"
And Inputs should be in the rear
Seems "FRFR" are going the BMT route, which is not a bad thing

Not so Inexpensive up here in Canada

Attachments

• 1699183062079.png
    1699183062079.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Back