NPD LOL: We're going backwards Jim! We need more Dilithium crystals!

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I just stumbled on a Line 6 Amplifi FX100 at a pawn shop for 75 bucks. Dont even know if it works cos there was no power supply but I figured eh WTF grab it. I remember trying one out in like 2015 or so at a GC and thinking it wasnt half bad. I will have to order a power brick for it cos I don't have anything powerful enough for it.

grfaegrfegrege2).png

Last edited:
Gonna be a bit because I didn't look where my adapter was coming from, I just ordered the cheapest one and it's coming from China.
You can put getting around to it on your new year's resolution shortlist (y)

The pickups for my Strat came today but the pots are gonna be a little while :rubshands

Advice: Every time you see some tempting old POS that you want to impulse purchase just to bang on for a couple days, skip it and put however much you would have spent on it in a jar/bank account/whatever. At the end of the year, go buy something that is actually worth buying. It’ll save you money in the long run; and an a**load of time. IMHO.

Advice: Every time you see some tempting old POS that you want to impulse purchase just to bang on for a couple days, skip it and put however much you would have spent on it in a jar/bank account/whatever. At the end of the year, go buy something that is actually worth buying. It’ll save you money in the long run; and an a**load of time. IMHO.

Eh I mean technically I can have whatever I want if I want to deal with my wife turning into Satan. We are old school in that I work and am the chief earner and she manages the finances and most the domestic duties etc etc.. Right now we are supposed to be saving to buy (and remodel) her a small building in town to open a shop for the stuff she makes. She's super talented and the things she makes are top quality outstanding products and she has the local clientele to sustain it already. In all honesty between her PT job and everything else she works more than I do so I am trying to be a good husband LOL.

We plan on leaving in a couple years and the deal is my sister in law will take it over and run it for us.

Eh I mean technically I can have whatever I want if I want to deal with my wife turning into Satan. We are old school in that I work and am the chief earner and she manages the finances and most the domestic duties etc etc.. Right now we are supposed to be saving to buy (and remodel) her a small building in town to open a shop for the stuff she makes. She's super talented and the things she makes are top quality outstanding products and she has the local clientele to sustain it already. In all honesty between her PT job and everything else she works more than I do so I am trying to be a good husband LOL.

We plan on leaving in a couple years and the deal is my sister in law will take it over and run it for us.
Thanks for sharing your details, Bob… I know not everyone has a big gear fund… I’d say if finances are tight or you are saving for other priorities, still try to sock some away if you are GASsing for something but cannot just buy it on a whim. You will be surprised how fast it adds up.

When I was younger, I used to charge myself $20 every time I went to the ATM. I.e. I’d take out an extra $20 and put it somewhere else. It would add up quick and did not affect our budget. After a while I would want something kind of big or an emergency comes up and I’d have a bunch of dough. Nowadays I do it on a bigger scale with a savings account, etc.

It’s kind of the ‘401k’ principle or ‘pay yourself first’ principle… Secure the savings before you actually see it in your spendable money. My fun money fund is separate from other stuff like retirement or goal oriented savings like the saving you are doing for your wife’s place. So it is guilt free and does not cause as much friction as skipping a mortgage payment to buy an AxeFx or something.

Anyway best of luck, man. Hope your family’s business kills it.

Thanks for sharing your details, Bob… I know not everyone has a big gear fund… I’d say if finances are tight or you are saving for other priorities, still try to sock some away if you are GASsing for something but cannot just buy it on a whim. You will be surprised how fast it adds up.

When I was younger, I used to charge myself $20 every time I went to the ATM. I.e. I’d take out an extra $20 and put it somewhere else. It would add up quick and did not affect our budget. After a while I would want something kind of big or an emergency comes up and I’d have a bunch of dough. Nowadays I do it on a bigger scale with a savings account, etc.

It’s kind of the ‘401k’ principle or ‘pay yourself first’ principle… Secure the savings before you actually see it in your spendable money. My fun money fund is separate from other stuff like retirement or goal oriented savings like the saving you are doing for your wife’s place. So it is guilt free and does not cause as much friction as skipping a mortgage payment to buy an AxeFx or something.

Anyway best of luck, man. Hope your family’s business kills it.

I don't have a big gear fund, I was just smart with my money before everything went to $hit. Thanks and Merry Christmas. :rawk

Actually got the power supply in today...

It's dead Jim. :-( The Amplifi 100 that is. PS works fine. Now I have a cool Line 6 doorstop. I'm taking it as a sign from the Gear Gods.

Back