NPD: Eventide Blackhole

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Figured I’d give this a spin since I absolutely love the Blackhole block library on the Frac from @2112

Once you get the Depth and Rate where you want it, instant vibes.

space cat GIF

Gotta say, Eventide using a dedicated on/off button to access the secondary parameters (that are also clearly labeled) is nice. No hold press and hold BS. (Ahem, Line 6)

Gonna need a DMM to pair with this joker.

IMG_4770.jpeg

Eventide doesn't get enough credit for their reverbs. When I was researching the H90 I had a hard time finding much about the reverbs. Turns out, they're reallllly good. Like a basic room or plate is just :chef And there are less parameters than Fractal for example, but they're powerful. If the high end is bouncing around a bit too much, just a touch of modulation smears it beautifully.

Eventide doesn't get enough credit for their reverbs. When I was researching the H90 I had a hard time finding much about the reverbs. Turns out, they're reallllly good. Like a basic room or plate is just :chef And there are less parameters than Fractal for example, but they're powerful. If the high end is bouncing around a bit too much, just a touch of modulation smears it beautifully.

Yeah I found once I increased the depth and then dropped the rate just a bit the entire pedal opened up. Kind of hard to find a bad tone from there.

What’s sort of surprising me is how much I like the inverse decay. I’m normally not a reverse delay/verb guy but it is actually really nice. Sits in a good way.

I need to hook an expression pedal up to get some swells going on.

Yeah I found once I increased the depth and then dropped the rate just a bit the entire pedal opened up. Kind of hard to find a bad tone from there.

What’s sort of surprising me is how much I like the inverse decay. I’m normally not a reverse delay/verb guy but it is actually really nice. Sits in a good way.

I need to hook an expression pedal up to get some swells going on.
Adding a bit of modulation is key for me to enjoy the algorithm on clean guitars at least, the highs are way too rough otherwise. Something with less transients might work without mod as well.

Back