NPD: DryBell Vibe VIII

Achilles

Rock Star
1696374277769.png

Always been my favorite mod style effect because of Bridge of Sighs, DSOTM, and Band of Gypsys. Pretty sure Lifeson used one in conjuction with the CE-1 to get his 70s tones. Was brought up recently here and did a bunch of reading cause I'd never heard of it. Should have it by the weekend. Can't wait.

It’s a KILLER vibe. Hahahah I got lucky and the bass player in my 2nd to last band was a bit nutty, he bought everyone in the band fairly expensive gifts for the amount of time we all knew him, he asked what pedal I was thinking about and the Dry Bell was it. I said it jokingly, thinking once he saw the price he’d laugh, but he sent me a screenshot of the order confirmation. :ROFLMAO:

I use it all over this tune, the verses, chorus and 2nd half the solo

Vibes are amazing, because IMO they're are amongst the MOST cork sniffiest of all effects types. I've been watching a friend go down this rabbithole, because he's a massive Trower/Hendrix fan, and he's had SO many. Drybell is definitely amongst his favorites, but he's got a new one too that's awesome; name escapes me.
Best part is that he's going to sell me his used JHS Unicorn, because it's still awesome, even if it's not as awesome as the fancier ones.

Love vibe, never tried the DryBell but it always sounded great. I use a Fulltone MDV-3 to satisfy the cravings.

Vibes are amazing, because IMO they're are amongst the MOST cork sniffiest of all effects types. I've been watching a friend go down this rabbithole, because he's a massive Trower/Hendrix fan, and he's had SO many. Drybell is definitely amongst his favorites, but he's got a new one too that's awesome; name escapes me.
Best part is that he's going to sell me his used JHS Unicorn, because it's still awesome, even if it's not as awesome as the fancier ones.

I‘m really going to try to stay away from that rabbit hole because it gets expensive quick. I was watching a Kenny Wayne rig rundown the other day where he was talking about his tech making these ridiculously amazing recreations of the original and got that knee-jerk “Ooooh….I wonder how THAT sounds?” and had to quickly go back to deciding which amps I want to kick tires over.

I‘m really going to try to stay away from that rabbit hole because it gets expensive quick. I was watching a Kenny Wayne rig rundown the other day where he was talking about his tech making these ridiculously amazing recreations of the original and got that knee-jerk “Ooooh….I wonder how THAT sounds?” and had to quickly go back to deciding which amps I want to kick tires over.
Yeah vibe pedals get expensive quick. This is the one my buddy just got, I asked him last night.

Haha! I was just piling on and building up towards Peak Uni-Vibe. :idk

Didn't Korg do a slight reissue/take on the Shin-Ei a few years back? Nu-Vibe or some such thing?

Last edited:
Pros:
Excellent vibe tones.
Transparent. Doesn't push the lows excessively or shave off the upper high end.

Cons:
Side jacks.
Volume adjustment should be a small knob on the top of the unit.

Extremely happy and would highly recommend. And as a bonus I can check off another country that I've bought gear from. (y)

Last edited: