Noel Gallagher on TPS

DrewJD82

Staff member

This has been pretty good. I was never much of an Oasis fan and remember busting a lot of balls when “Wonderwall” was huge and my friends would ask me to play it, but I find myself enjoying a lot of those songs now. And Noel’s not nearly the smug turd I thought he was, he’s actually quite entertaining and his excitement/bewilderment in his stories makes him come off as a regular dude. I love hearing stories about songs just falling into the hands of someone, writing some of the biggest songs in the world in the span of 20-30 minutes.

Yeah I’ve been watching it in 5-10 minute bursts here or there. So many iconic songs. Always fun to hear the stories about gear choices and how songs came together. Seems like a good dude.

My two favourite quotes:

On presets:

“I f**king love a preset. I cannot be arsed getting my own sounds. Some guy slaved over that in Utah for 16 months to get that sound. I'm not going to take a bit of top off it. Have a bit of respect for the man.”

And on Dan from TPS previously ”refusing“ to make knobs bigger on a pedalboard he built for Noel:

“I was like, okay, be like that then. Okay. I only f**king wrote Wonderwall.”

:rofl

Last edited:
I've always got time to hear what Noel has to say. He just comes out with so many quotable lines.

Talking about his brother, he once said:

"Liam is... rude, arrogant, intimidating and lazy. He's the angriest man you'll ever meet. He's like a man with a fork in a world of soup."

Interview was awesome. It was great to hear his approach to songs and gear and all the stories.

Hopefully someday they do a reunion. I got to see them at their absolute peak in 1996 or so, but I barely remember it as I was young and have a horrible memory.

Back