No recording rants section. But here goes. Things I LOATHE about the recording process

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
FVCKING BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS/FADE OUTS. JFC LET ME BLOW THE FVCKING TRACK UP 379% BECAUSE GOD FVCKING FORBID IT START ANYWHERE I ACTUALLY WANT THE FVCKING MIXDOWN TO START AND STOP AT
middle finger GIF by TheMacnabs
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons
Angry He Man GIF

No. I mean I have a track with an abrupt beginning. I place the start marker where I want the mix down to start and lo and g*dd@mn behold the export is off a micro-hair. I can't listen to the fucking mixdown to make sure i got it right because DAW takes control of my audio interface.

I remove all the panning, plugins, levels and eq tweaks as I am working on collaborating on my synthwave stuff again so I give raw tracks vs. processed shit. I don't save the project because I don't want to kill my "final mix" and saving a copy for collab purposes gives me an OCD file management/housekeeping aneurysm.

I agree, fades are tricky to make them start and end exactly when I want.
Then there is linear and logarithmic track fades and bus automation fades.

Sometimes enabling the "Automation Read" and pulling a mechanical fader manually with a controller works is best.

I can't listen to the f*****g mixdown to make sure i got it right because DAW takes control of my audio interface.

"Render in Realtime" -> "Audible Bounce"
Have?

Last edited:
Does the audio start right at the beginning of the project or are you leaving a buffer zone before between project start and audio start?

And what DAW?

Does the audio start right at the beginning of the project or are you leaving a buffer zone before between project start and audio start?

And what DAW?
I do EVERYTHING the hard way.

I have this phenomenon no matter what. It's not fixable but appreciate the help. Cakewalk is the DAW. I'm just super picky on how perfect beginning and ending is and I have a tourette attack everything.

@James Freeman ; not sure what you are asking. I'm pretty much a caveman with all this shit.

My methods are almost probably all wrong. I get super focused on one thing and ANYTHING beyond that that instantly doesn't cooperate how I want it to absolutely infuriates me. It's a personal shortcoming, certainly :bag

Ugh, Reaper struggles.

I set up my MIDI Commander to handle transport controls but when I assign midi commands to certain functions, the functions break. Pressing play via spacebar also records even though spacebar isn't assigned to Rec. CC assigned to Play, but the line jumps past the playpoint and plays a bar ahead, sometimes recording a tiny bit for no reason.

Beginning of Project command doesn't go to the beginning, Rewind command doesn't rewind all the way.

My methods are almost probably all wrong. I get super focused on one thing and ANYTHING beyond that that instantly doesn't cooperate how I want it to absolutely infuriates me. It's a personal shortcoming, certainly :bag

We share that shortcoming, my friend!! Hahahahaha man, that’s pretty much me in a nutshell with everything in life. :rofl

My initial post was because I end up spending hours doing the setup tracking portion. Then I get to "the end" but still find my borderline to the point of crippling OCD kick in when I need to be calling it a night and coming back the next day.

It's definitely a "me" thing :hmm :brick

My initial post was because I end up spending hours doing the setup tracking portion. Then I get to "the end" but still find my borderline to the point of crippling OCD kick in when I need to be calling it a night and coming back the next day.

It's definitely a "me" thing :hmm :brick

That’s not crippling OCD, that’s drive! Well, that’s what I try to tell myself, anyway.

I’m a newb to recording so it’s all a PITA. What’s comical to me is I can be ready to track a part, play the part blind folded practicing, hit record and then without fail, fumble dick the first fucking chord half the time. :rofl

Back