"No More Tears" solo

DrewJD82

Staff member
This was technically for the Do Something challenge (kinda?), but for those not following the challenge-

I worked on this last week whenever I had the energy and man, it was not easy for me. I'm still obviously not nailing it 100%, but there's so much feel sh*t going on in that solo and I just don't pick the same way Zakk does. I'm 90% sure he's using some chicken pickin' in one section and I'm picking every note, but whatever. If it's close enough for a grenade, I'm satisfied.

Using a Zakk Wylde preset I've been working on in the AxeFX with the delay mix assigned to an expression pedal, which is why there's delay in the intro and end but nothin' in between, it's easier to put on an expression pedal than it is having 3 different scenes for different delay mixes.

This was technically for the Do Something challenge (kinda?), but for those not following the challenge-

I worked on this last week whenever I had the energy and man, it was not easy for me. I'm still obviously not nailing it 100%, but there's so much feel sh*t going on in that solo and I just don't pick the same way Zakk does. I'm 90% sure he's using some chicken pickin' in one section and I'm picking every note, but whatever. If it's close enough for a grenade, I'm satisfied.

Using a Zakk Wylde preset I've been working on in the AxeFX with the delay mix assigned to an expression pedal, which is why there's delay in the intro and end but nothin' in between, it's easier to put on an expression pedal than it is having 3 different scenes for different delay mixes.

This actually came up on my YT feed earlier too, I love it! Awesome job!!

Kick ass Drew!!! :beer

hell yeah GIF

Back