NMD/NPD: ACS1

the swede

Shredder
During the summer i felt it was time to get back to the guitar after my 1 year pause. Summer was spent thinking a lot… a lot. Initially i was going for the most simple as possible. Simplifier mk2, but gave up on that because i know id be frustrated not being able change amp/cab in an elegant way. Then it was TC Deluxe with the price and simple features that would give me money over for other pedals. But in the end a sweet deal on the ACS1 was to tempting. The few but useful features of the ACS1 won over the TC pedals charm. That I’ve heard much praise of the version 2.0 also helped.

After an update it was time to look for the guitar.
IMG_7369.jpeg

So now you want to hear all joy and overly enthusiastic praise? Nope, you’re dealing with me here.
You know, it’s really awkward to pick up a guitar after over a year… it’s like everything is uncomfortable, weird, and just yucky. Guitar is heavy as fuck… neck feels wrong, strings hurt, fingers doesn’t do what brain wants.

I had to complain a little.

Nice build quality and features. The three amp models sounds good, but Vox is not my thing. The Fender model is what i like. The Marshall is very charming and feels unique in some way. It’s a new sound to me.

It has a very nice gain range, and i understand why people like the update. It’s a bit “fake”, at the extreme end, like they’ve baked in a real overdrive/distortion model. But before that it sounds and feels amp-like. And the boost takes things up another notch for sure.
The IRs seem good. Nice with a few options, don’t think I need to go down the rabbit hole on that.
IMG_7370.jpeg

The built it room is decent and offers a nice touch with headphones, but surprisingly not as refined and exquisitely surrounding like the Strymon Iridium. Surprisingly because walrus could do better with that. High/Low pass settings was also nice and it made dialing in the lows easy.

I tried some pedals into it and it seems to work well. An OD-3 was just as nice as i remember it to be, my beloved Carcosa with its nasty temperament works good into the ACS1, especially the Marshall set to drive a little.

I like it, sounds good. And most importantly, I’m playing guitar again!

Last edited:
Back