NGD

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Picked up a brand new SE Silver Sky. Pretty impressed with it so far. I’ve always been on the fence with SEs and I’d heard some horror stories about the QC on these maple SS specifically, but this one seems excellent. QC, fit, finish, frets all that seem about as perfect as you could expect from an Indonesian guitar. Arrived perfectly in tune, action is too high but that’s just setup stuff

The neck is CHONKY almost as fat as the thinskon tele I used to have. Feels comfortable though and the satin is nice

Tone wise, I’ll flat out say if. I like these pickups better than my am. Pro II strat by a fair amount. More of a Jerry sound too, which is unsurprising considering it’s the Mayer sig. not so sure under dirt though, may need to adjust some settings on my amps or just crank/spend more time. Sounded a bit buzzy at low volumes through the gain channels on my mk V. Those cleans though :love

I’m probably selling my am pro II strat. It’s a fantastic guitar but it gets the least play time of anything I have. Friends dad wants to buy it, and I got an insane hookup on this SS from friend of a another friend who works at a shop. Want to keep an S type in my collection but wanted to reallocate some funds to other stuff. Decided to grab the SS first before doing anything I might regret, but I think I’m satisfied with just rolling with this :idk:

9-E570-B70-F604-4-A2-B-94-FD-44-D159-CBA3-E3.jpg

I played a used one at GC a few weeks back, seemed pretty nice outside the condition it was in. I dug the neck thickness for sure. The only thing that really made me kinda irk-y are those knobs. I assumed they'd look better in person, but no, they actually look worse. Something about those rounded tops just irks the shit out of me.

Congrats, man!!!

"Slowly Dying in a Burning Room" right now or GTFO

Thanks dudes!!
Unless frets are unleveld.

Frets are good,did a quick and dirty lowering of the saddles, big improvement. Will fine tune late

I played a used one at GC a few weeks back, seemed pretty nice outside the condition it was in. I dug the neck thickness for sure. The only thing that really made me kinda irk-y are those knobs. I assumed they'd look better in person, but no, they actually look worse. Something about those rounded tops just irks the shit out of me.

Congrats, man!!!

"Slowly Dying in a Burning Room" right now or GTFO

The knobs actually don’t bother me surprisingly lol. Think these tuners gotta go tho

Got to spend a lot more time with it today and yesterday. Love it :love:

I take back what I said about higher gain tones. First of all, was fostering puppies last week and most of my stuff had been stored away/moved and my settings and gain knob were way low. Corrected that and it was just crushing. Also, the tone knob for the bridge particularly is the best tone knob on any guitar I’ve owned. Usable sweep basically the entire way. Putting thst between 3-4 really makes a huge difference for chugging on high gain and for clean rhythm playing too

I’ve been tracking some scratch tracks for an ep were recording coming up and I went through all of my guitars to make sure I wasn’t just enjoying the cleans on this so much because the mark V just sounds good and it really was beating everything out in that department. I know a lot of people don’t like the g&b built pickups but I’ve liked the ones in my S2s and these may be even more impressive for “cheap” pickups

I did a quick and dirty lowering of the saddles and it’s playing a lot smoother and easier now too.

I did sell the am pro II strat and I can’t say I feel like I’m missing it too much and got a bundle extra on my pocket. If I played strat types more frequently maybe I could’ve seen hanging on to it but this really impressive

The “point” of the neck scarf looks mildly wonky but strictly aesthetic and the biggest knock I can find against it. Very well built guitar

Back