NGD

Byrdman

Roadie
Last Friday I got another Epi LP. This one is the 59 with Gibson Burstbusters 2/3 and 50's wiring. Last one I had years ago was a LP custom.

As with all Epi's I've had, this one needed some serious setup work and still needs a few frets leveled and polishing. That will happen next string change.

Attachments

• PXL_20230918_131946884.jpg
    PXL_20230918_131946884.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Ahhh, very nice! You like to top wrap - you know, I've NEVER done that on a TOM. Always seemed slinky to me as I'm more used to 25.5", I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May you love it long time!
Thanks!!

Yeah, I started top wrapping my Epi ES-335 about a year ago and it just seemed to work better for me all around. Seemed easier to bend, staying in tune better and I liked the feel better as I am trying to lighten up my touch after playing acoustic for a long time. The down side for me is when I try to dig in more with that little extra slinky I can easily push or pull the note off tune.

And then again it could be a bunch of BS and I have talked myself into liking it...:crazy

Nice guitar!! And no, many guys have noted they can feel an extra 'slinkiness' when top-wrapping.

Wow really nice congrats

(y)

Suh-weet! Congrats, @Byrdman!!! :beer
Thanks guys!! It sounds great with the Gibson pickups and the nut is a little wider and fits my hands well. 60's neck is a little too thin, 50's Standard is too fat, but the 59 seems to be a comfortable middle between the two.

Now all I have to do is learn to play it:rawk

Thanks!!

Yeah, I started top wrapping my Epi ES-335 about a year ago and it just seemed to work better for me all around. Seemed easier to bend, staying in tune better and I liked the feel better as I am trying to lighten up my touch after playing acoustic for a long time. The down side for me is when I try to dig in more with that little extra slinky I can easily push or pull the note off tune.

And then again it could be a bunch of BS and I have talked myself into liking it...:crazy

I don’t think it’s BS at all. I’m swapping back and forth depending on the shape of my fingers at the time of a string change. If I’ve been playing consistently and my fingers are in a good state of being warmed up regularly I’ll bend the strings way too far out and it’s too slippery.

Back