NGD (x2) Swanson Custom 2x12 and 4x12

eggpl@nt

Roadie
I've posted about these a couple times, but here's the official NGD. Back in September, I contacted Swanson Cabinets here in MA to spec out a couple cabs - a 2x12 and a 4x12, to go along with my 2x12 and 4x12 Mojotone set. Well, finally, after multiple delays and "they'll be done next week"s, I got the call that they were ready for pickup.

First impressions: They are impeccably constructed. The tolex, grill cloth, and piping are super clean, and I'm really pleased with the color scheme I chose, despite the fact that it ruins my all-black-errywhere aesthetic. I was surprised by how small they both are--especially compared to my oversized Mojotone cabs--but they still sound authoritative. Both cabs have three-panel backs, so I can run them as semi-open if I please.

As for speakers, the 2x12 is loaded with a Governor and DV77 to complement the CV75 and Swamp Thang in the Monotone 2x12. Together, the two are very throaty and mid-forward. Granted, I think the Gov is the source of most of the throatiness. The 4x12 is loaded with Mojotone Greyhounds. These are fairly neutral, I would say--similar to a C90, where I feel most anything could sound good through them. The Mojotone 4x12 is loaded with Mojotone BV30Hs and BV30Vs, which give a brighter sound in a thumpier cab.

The 4x12 full stack is incredible. I'm using the Camercon CCV 2B model in the FM9, through the Fryette LXII and into the Swanson and Mojotone 4x12s in stereo. It's such an ideal guitar tone to me. And when boosted, it's crushing.

Minus some communication snafus, I can say Jeff Swanson is top bloke--super friendly and knowledgable. I can recommend working with him--so long as you're patient! He's a busy dude, but he does good work.

IMG_5248.jpeg

Congrats! Those look great!

How is that 3120? Always wondered about those.
It's a really cool amp. Definitely more of a one-trick-pony, but it's a great trick. Quintessential Peavey sound, cocked-wah-ish and all.
Sick. Dig the colors. You have a nice tidy corner of the world.
Just don't look behind the cabs! Even with my best efforts, having all the amps and cabs connected to the deLisle switcher makes for one hell of a rat's nest back there.

It's a really cool amp. Definitely more of a one-trick-pony, but it's a great trick. Quintessential Peavey sound, cocked-wah-ish and all.

Just don't look behind the cabs! Even with my best efforts, having all the amps and cabs connected to the deLisle switcher makes for one hell of a rat's nest back there.
Meh, if you can’t see it, it doesn’t exist 😂

Congrats, they look great.

I've posted about these a couple times, but here's the official NGD. Back in September, I contacted Swanson Cabinets here in MA to spec out a couple cabs - a 2x12 and a 4x12, to go along with my 2x12 and 4x12 Mojotone set. Well, finally, after multiple delays and "they'll be done next week"s, I got the call that they were ready for pickup.

First impressions: They are impeccably constructed. The tolex, grill cloth, and piping are super clean, and I'm really pleased with the color scheme I chose, despite the fact that it ruins my all-black-errywhere aesthetic. I was surprised by how small they both are--especially compared to my oversized Mojotone cabs--but they still sound authoritative. Both cabs have three-panel backs, so I can run them as semi-open if I please.

As for speakers, the 2x12 is loaded with a Governor and DV77 to complement the CV75 and Swamp Thang in the Monotone 2x12. Together, the two are very throaty and mid-forward. Granted, I think the Gov is the source of most of the throatiness. The 4x12 is loaded with Mojotone Greyhounds. These are fairly neutral, I would say--similar to a C90, where I feel most anything could sound good through them. The Mojotone 4x12 is loaded with Mojotone BV30Hs and BV30Vs, which give a brighter sound in a thumpier cab.

The 4x12 full stack is incredible. I'm using the Camercon CCV 2B model in the FM9, through the Fryette LXII and into the Swanson and Mojotone 4x12s in stereo. It's such an ideal guitar tone to me. And when boosted, it's crushing.

Minus some communication snafus, I can say Jeff Swanson is top bloke--super friendly and knowledgable. I can recommend working with him--so long as you're patient! He's a busy dude, but he does good work.

View attachment 4407
Dude! Is that a Prosonic as well? Damn! \m/

Back