NGD - Incoming

texhex

Roadie
I gave my existing 2016 Olympic White American Standard Strat to my son for his 21st birthday. That Strat had been upgraded and tweaked to exactly what I wanted in a Strat. I'm going to miss it but it's going to a good dude.

XbRTXEj.jpg

Obviously I can't be without a Strat so...

This sucker shipped out today and arrives on Friday. I'm not too sure about the noiseless single coils but we shall see. I'll also be adding a trem block to the full floating Floyd. I used to absolutely hate the colored headstock, now I like it. :rolleyes:

Pretty stoked.

ozOnAqI.jpeg

That thing is awesome. I played one at a store and was very impressed. I’ve pined after that model since it came out. Stainless steel frets, 22 of them for authentic Strat neck pickup tone, noiseless single coils, carved neck heel, Floyd…Man, you picked a winner. I hope it’s freaking awesome when you put your hands on it and even more awesome when you hear it through your rig.

The pickups are a little strange. The single coils sound really full and clear. The humbucker will probably get replaced. Wiring is in great shape. The treble bleed in this guitar works extremely well and sounds perfect.

pjzCAK9.jpeg

pH9w2E4.jpeg

OGunUzD.jpeg

7sVkhof.jpeg

Treble bleed PCB.

VNHwBuP.jpeg

5WSTWVe.jpeg

lOQL95L.jpeg

The single coils measure really hot!

Neck:

uBbhHLB.jpeg

Middle:

MCEZ2xN.jpeg

The humbucker measures about the same as the singles. Sounds good and does a pretty single coil sound with the S1 split but I'm not too thrilled about this pickup vs. a JB.

MCEZ2xN.jpeg

Fender Fat 50s for comparison:

Neck:

6EcpMSj.jpeg

Middle:

sxqPCf4.jpeg

Seymour Duncan JB humbucker:

g3ToE1c.jpeg

Original Floyd Rose Here's where the fun started...

WUZDjsc.jpeg

The Floyd saddles are numbered so that they form an arch to match the neck radius. You can see the dots, 1, 2, blank.

cmL2pjK.jpeg

One of the #2 saddles has a manufacturing defect that causes it to not sit flush with the other saddles. This causes that one string to sit much lower than the others.

lcw6vEG.jpeg

EBIur0T.jpeg

I was able to use Copper Tape (about 20 pieces of it) and cut it to fit the width of the saddle, tape it underneath and raise that saddle height to get the A string to sit at the appropriate height. What a pain in the ass but it worked perfectly.

Overall this guitar is pretty spectacular but there is NO WAY IN HELL I would ever pay $2750 for one of these things. I got this one for $1550 which is about my limit on a new guitar.

Anyway pretty freaking awesome Strat for anyone who is interested.

Last edited:
On the Floyd ; it actually has the wrong back half fitted. I see them from time to time ,it is a factory error . You really need to get a replacement saddle under warranty. Make sure they send you a cnc German one . Nice guitar.

This thing is pretty sick. The frets and fretwork are insanely good.

Gg2DWDB.jpeg

Xdw2NiJ.jpeg

GrP53L1.jpeg

qi7vnTx.jpeg

RC40Hng.jpeg

DxysXwY.jpeg

mNTid0i.jpeg

2wvkCmR.jpeg

Qa13L0g.jpeg

zstvz66.jpeg

NY7F32Q.jpeg

SfyszmF.jpeg

TyAMzki.jpeg

dDWJqWD.jpeg

fcmbD2h.jpeg

JbhhHv4.jpeg
Sweet jeebus those fret ends with the rolled fretboard edges are top notch. There’s so much uniformity there I wonder if Fender has figured out an automated process for it. Actually looks very similar to what they did on the Squier 40th anniversary necks, which punched miles beyond their weight.

On the Floyd ; it actually has the wrong back half fitted. I see them from time to time ,it is a factory error . You really need to get a replacement saddle under warranty. Make sure they send you a cnc German one . Nice guitar.

Just looked at it up close and I see it now. They are out of stock on the Chrome ones at the Floyd Rose website. I can just imagine me trying to explain this to someone at Fender or Floyd Rose. Worth a shot though. I’m ok for now with the patch job fix.

On stacks high dc resistance is not indicative of high output.

Good to know. I was expecting some compression but there really isn’t much. Dude, you are a wealth of knowledge. This forum is such a god send.

Just looked at it up close and I see it now. They are out of stock on the Chrome ones at the Floyd Rose website. I can just imagine me trying to explain this to someone at Fender or Floyd Rose. Worth a shot though. I’m ok for now with the patch job fix.

Good to know. I was expecting some compression but there really isn’t much. Dude, you are a wealth of knowledge. This forum is such a god send.
The Schaller Lockmeister ones are identical. You may be able to find one.

Back