NGD I didn’t see coming

ejecta

Roadie
So I’ve started working part time in a new local music store a good friend opened up. Anyway I wonder through the store at times just picking stuff up to check out. When we got this in I was like that’s that Henson kid’s guitar. Didn’t think much of it since I don’t care for their music and his approach though I respect the talent, so I just ignored it. Fast forward to yesterday and I picked it up and was like “wait a minute this plays awesome.” The pickups are different than I have being Fishman Fluences but that’s good. I don’t like to have too many guitars overlap. Still may swap them but it’s good for now. But daggum!!! this thing plays so good and resonates better than any Ibanez I’ve played in a long time. She’s a keeper tuned down to C# and or C.

I’ll be doing “boomer bends” over heavy riffs all day so Tim Henson will be crying tattooed tears.

IMG_2710.jpeg

I don't like neck tattoos. But this guitar looks great! Congrats!
I’ll have to cancel my tattoo appointment then. :banana

Yeah I thought it looked very cool when I first saw it but his approach isn’t mine and I don’t like their music and that totally tainted the guitar for me on first blush which in hindsight is a very stupid notion.

I'm surprised @DrewJD82 doesn't have an itch for this. Maybe this is insulting to some but it has that Vai look to it

Nah, I actually thought it was kinda cool that despite having a middle finger to previous generations, Tim got a bit traditional in the vein of Ibanez with that inlay. Also cool of Ibanez to do something different with it; I shat my pants in my teens when a customer at the store I worked at came in with a 1970’s Tama acoustic with the exact vine inlay that was on the JEMs. I assumed that was a Vai thing that started with him.

WA7vqqenRTjTJki34Uxw4hmfy9dH4215R0rsylWCov0.jpg

I’m always anxious to check out new Ibanez models, but they’ve barely put out a single guitar I’ve had an interest in going on 20+ years. Bums me out. I was hoping for a MIJ Wes Haunch sig that might have actually gotten me to spend more than $2K on a guitar, but it’s already stated there are no new MIJ Ibanez‘ being released at NAMM this year.

Back