NGD - First PRS

spawnofthesith

Shredder
Finally popped my PRS cherry. Zipped over to UPS to pick this up on my lunch. Only was able to spend about 10 minutes on it through the JVM but my initial impression is that its phenomenal :love: :love: :love:

Light as a feather and perfectly balanced. Came from south Georgia to a snowstorm in CO and was almost perfectly in tune still. Setup is fantastic. I absolutely adore this satin finish. Feels awesome on the hands, and while I'm not usually a black guitar guy, this charcoal finish + the satin is :love:

Really digging the pickups. This thing is definitely totally unique to all my other guitars. Counting down the clock til I can go back home and play it some more. I guess I get the PRS hype now :rofl

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed.jpg

It's got a lot of unique/quirky things going for it for sure. I'm pleased that I've been able to build a 5 guitar collection with 0 pickup type overlap lol
That is an excellent point. Andy Eagle was saying in his AMA that a lot of us try to buy redundant backups then you end up with a bunch of the same thing with little to no difference. Guilty as charged on my end. Your collection is very diverse and you have a lot of great options to choose from! \m/

That is an excellent point. Andy Eagle was saying in his AMA that a lot of us try to buy redundant backups then you end up with a bunch of the same thing with little to no difference. Guilty as charged on my end. Your collection is very diverse and you have a lot of great options to choose from! \m/

Exactly where I’m at.

I own one humbucker (PRS), one S-type (vintage Strat; covered in spades), w/ tele and a 6 string short bass builds otw.

Pro-diversity now!

Diversity Inclusion GIF by GIPHY News

Congrats! I’m really curious about that model. Never got to play one.

D

THanks! I recommend if you can! Scored a pretty great deal on it off of reverb. For a US made PRS at that price I am super happy

@spawnofthesith Oh man! I've always wanted one of those (never played one though).

Love me an offset. I love to know more about that neck pickup.

Congrats! ㊗️

Thanks! It's definitely got a unique thing going on! I think its supposed to be based on a TV Jones D type pickup? Looking forward to diving into it more later

Absolutely, Frets! Spawn; how's that SG treating you? That's newer as well isn't it?

Yeah got the SG like 3 weeks ago lol. It's badass I love the P90s and the pelham blue is wonderful to look at.

I've been trying to have my practice regiment cycle and repeat through each guitar to keep everything in rotation lol. I love them all

Back