Next FM9 Tone Challenge

Stone

Rock Star
Howdy all, again I'm so impressed with my current Garry Moore Parisienne Walkways patch/tone, but now my next challenge is Neal Schon "Any way you want it"
I got a pretty good idea on the patch just a little stumped on amp and settings, from what I gathered at that Era he used a Peavy Mace head and some unknown cab, anyone have an idea what amp in the Cracktal Verse would be very close to that?

Oh yeah and ill, probably need to grow a Fro :D

1687623894845.png

Thanks all for your input

:beer

I love Journey!
It's one of those bands where the songs are so good the guitar tone hardly matters, it's all about the tunes and Perry.
Also, I can barely hear the guitar in most of their hits except when it is actually needed, like in every good POP song, yes.

Happy journey recreating his tone. :bag

I’ve never heard of this amp, but it looks neat. All tube as far as I can tell. One clean and one dirty channel.

For journey tones I think the actual amp tone is pretty neutral. I’d think a wound up Marshall 4 hole amp with the fx he uses would get you real close.

Last edited:
I don't think there's all that much to it. Any Marshall style amp/cab and a Les Paul will get you into the ballpark. You could probably just thin out your Parisienne Walkways patch and be in that area.

Love these they are so awesome

sounds so different like very picky and somewhat oversaturated and also very little bottom end chug, but in the mix its just magic

:chef

I'd love to play but I've got 3 months invested so far on a waitlist that seems to have no end in sight. :cry:

When I had a specific patch for this song I used the Dirty Friedman amp in Helix and quite a bit of presence (a little more than I normally use) to get everything to ring through clearly. He uses a lot of gain so there has to be something to get it to be articulate and I chose presence. Seemed to work good for me.

Back