New song - spacey reggae/metal

spawnofthesith

Shredder
My band just put out a new song

Cleans are strat into an Axe fx III (and some pedals: keeley compressor, mu tron phasor iii, and re-202)

Distorted guitar is Les Paul 5150 on one side engl blackmore on the other, V30 in an iso cabinet. Some eqd afterneath on there too

Last edited:
Listened to this track a bunch of times yesterday and today. Vibe is :chef I like all of it. The progressive build up is excellent. I really dig once the chug pattern starts to come in over top and emphasize and shift the groove in a different while keeping the tempo tight with the original clean section.

This is REALLY cool, man!!!

Lots of ear candy which is almost a sure way to get me interested and lots of interesting tones in here! Really f*cking cool, man!!!

gettyimages-72515103_1.jpg

Listened to this track a bunch of times yesterday and today. Vibe is :chef I like all of it. The progressive build up is excellent. I really dig once the chug pattern starts to come in over top and emphasize and shift the groove in a different while keeping the tempo tight with the original clean section.

Wow, thanks man really appreciate the kind words!! This is definitely one of my favorites of ours. Real fun to play live too, puts the looper to good use lol

This is REALLY cool, man!!!

Lots of ear candy which is almost a sure way to get me interested and lots of interesting tones in here! Really f*cking cool, man!!!

Thanks man!!!!

Wow, thanks man really appreciate the kind words!! This is definitely one of my favorites of ours. Real fun to play live too, puts the looper to good use lol

Thanks man!!!!
Does your run drummer run the show or how does your tempo sync happen in the live setting? I have never futzed with a looper or anything requiring live (metronome level) time keeping.

Does your run drummer run the show or how does your tempo sync happen in the live setting? I have never futzed with a looper or anything requiring live (metronome level) time keeping.

I'd like to have the drummer controlling all that eventually, but at the moment I'm switching the tempos between each song. Our system is still developing and primative but its working pretty well and can only keep getting better. Me and the bass player's RC-500s are both midi synced (along with the space echo and occasionally my korg minilogue). We are all playing to a click with a primative in ear system. The click is coming from my RC-500 (serving as the master clock essentially) because you can split the signal and the "rhythm" track (in this case the click) through the stereo outputs and that goes into our little mixer thats feeding the in ears. I can quickly dial in the tempos between or even use a tap if we're being more "organic" or doing a tempo change mid jam

In a perfect world I'd love to not have to do any of that but with how things have kind of evolved with the amount of looping going on its a bit necessary. But it seems to work pretty well

I'd like to have the drummer controlling all that eventually, but at the moment I'm switching the tempos between each song. Our system is still developing and primative but its working pretty well and can only keep getting better. Me and the bass player's RC-500s are both midi synced (along with the space echo and occasionally my korg minilogue). We are all playing to a click with a primative in ear system. The click is coming from my RC-500 (serving as the master clock essentially) because you can split the signal and the "rhythm" track (in this case the click) through the stereo outputs and that goes into our little mixer thats feeding the in ears. I can quickly dial in the tempos between or even use a tap if we're being more "organic" or doing a tempo change mid jam

In a perfect world I'd love to not have to do any of that but with how things have kind of evolved with the amount of looping going on its a bit necessary. But it seems to work pretty well
Very nice!

Back