New Pedal(s) Day(s). Nux Plexi Crunch, JHS Delay. Wait there's more...

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Before yard work commenced; went pedal shopping. Picked up a Nux Plexi Crunch (which I am super stoked about) as well as a JHS V3(?) delay. Which I am looking forward to. Picked up the mini Decimator and MXR Flanger last week for cheap \m/ Wonder if the Plexi crunch will work as a preamp into the FX return? We shall see!
ykE3PL8l.jpg

Decimator=Great.

Micro Flanger=Great. Won't use it but will put in the pile.

Plexi Crunch=Surprisingly great as a preamp, though not sure it's actually optimized for that. GREAT in front of the clean channel. Lots of potential in Cruch mode of the BL. Might be a tad overkill for Crush mode :bag :satan

JHS delay. Um? It's ok? Not sure yet. I am pretty much a Boss Delay guy. Maybe I should have went that vanilla route instead of this one? We'll see :unsure: I dig Josh and JHS so I'll give it some more time.

Decimator=Great.

Micro Flanger=Great. Won't use it but will put in the pile.

Plexi Crunch=Surprisingly great as a preamp, though not sure it's actually optimized for that. GREAT in front of the clean channel. Lots of potential in Cruch mode of the BL. Might be a tad overkill for Crush mode :bag :satan

JHS delay. Um? It's ok? Not sure yet. I am pretty much a Boss Delay guy. Maybe I should have went that vanilla route instead of this one? We'll see :unsure: I dig Josh and JHS so I'll give it some more time.

What’s the JHS delay pedal replicating?

My only experience with a JHS 3 series pedal was the Chorus and it was pretty good.

What’s the JHS delay pedal replicating?

My only experience with a JHS 3 series pedal was the Chorus and it was pretty good.
Not sure. I figured it was something Boss-ish but it's not tripping my trigger like Boss stuff does.

Futzed with it a bit more. Turned up the time a good bit and I like it more. I'll know more after some loud time again. This Plexi Crunch is fantastic.

Is that mxr micro flange a stripped down take on the old mxr 117 or is it something totally new?

My old 80s 117 is so noisy it’s only good for ocean noises at this point, but they are really tone-full ocean noises.

Is that mxr micro flange a stripped down take on the old mxr 117 or is it something totally new?

My old 80s 117 is so noisy it’s only good for ocean noises at this point, but they are really tone-full ocean noises.
Honestly; not sure. It sounded good and I don't remember it to be noisy but I ended up dumping it and that JHS turd at GC not long after I got them.

Plexi crunch still around? I almost bought one
It is! Haven't used in a LOOOOOOOOONG while though. I just pulled it back out and put in front of my Stomp Recto preset. It sounds wooly af in the best way actually. Build feels a bit cheap if I am being honest but I'd be curious to know what it is based on. If I was doing some sort of stoner doom thing; it would rip :satan I'll leave it out and put it in front of the Boogie next chance I get. If you can get it cheap like I did; it's a fun little pedal \m/

Plexi-crunch sounds like shit in front of the VII. I'll try it with the Badlander later this weekend. RAT clone and graphic eq engaged in front of channel 1 crunch is godlike :satan

Back