New Jackson Guitars

Strong Kramer Stagemaster vibes on these. I hope they have a better carve on the top though because I found the top on the Kramer I had kinda pointy at the edge, making it uncomfortable for the forearm.

I had to look those up. You're so right. I'm sure sometime within the next few years the Gibson brands will jump on the stainless steel fret bandwagon; that will be a cool day.

Nah. Sharkfin inlays ftw! I miss old era of the Jacksons, these new ones look ugly and expensive. Only stainless steel make an upgrade otherwise meh.

View attachment 9390

Left: pre Fender pro (1991)
Right: post Fender pro (2008)

I'm happy with these. But maybe I'd want to buy one of those new Japanese sl2 soloists in white color. Wish they had ss frets. Otherwise very cool guitars.

Those do look so badass.

I had to look those up. You're so right. I'm sure sometime within the next few years the Gibson brands will jump on the stainless steel fret bandwagon; that will be a cool day.

::looks around to see if Spawn is in here::

I’m surprised Gibson hasn’t already done it so they can charge an additional $1000 for SS frets. Once they start doing it on a $5000 LP Standard the TGP crew will come out and tell people if they want SS frets, they should expect to see a good amount of tooling marks on the fingerboards because “it’s what you asked for”

::looks around to see if Spawn is in here::

I’m surprised Gibson hasn’t already done it so they can charge an additional $1000 for SS frets. Once they start doing it on a $5000 LP Standard the TGP crew will come out and tell people if they want SS frets, they should expect to see a good amount of tooling marks on the fingerboards because “it’s what you asked for”

Dude, I so didn't even consider that. Maybe they'll do this when they start expanding the Steinberger line!

Back