Neural DSP Plugins (not the QC)

both. I have a BE100 and Peavey VTM120 which have a lot of Jose influence. It’s fun to build Jose style amps in Fractal’s ecosystem and Fortin Nameless and Cali are great plugins to have that kind of thing on tap in a plugin.
ahh ok,if you have time or want to share how to build Jose Style on the fractal or the plugins that would be cool if not is ok

I'm sorry, not sorry, but that's just a dick move. Like they're gonna lose soooo much money by excluding that one. :rolleyes: I'd argue they'd do better overall if they included it. I was gonna buy it, but not at full price.
if you bought plugins from Neural you get 20% off discount

ahh ok,if you have time or want to share how to build Jose Style on the fractal or the plugins that would be cool if not is ok
worth remembering there isn’t a single Jose mod, they all varied a bit depending on what the customer ordered from him and he’d have fine tuned the circuits by ear.

But what I normally do is:

- start with one of the plexi style amps
- add a gain stage in the preamp boost section (you can adjust how much harder you want to drive the amp based on what you like
- adjust tone stack position; you basically want a pre PI master volume, but some Jose amps had the master pre tone stack, some post,
- make sure MV is pre PI
- diode clipping, can adjust the values for the amount of saturation and compression you like
- adjusting bright cap and depth values is handy
- adjust negative feedback
- adjust valve type and bias
- adjust variac/B+

worth remembering there isn’t a single Jose mod, they all varied a bit depending on what the customer ordered from him and he’d have fine tuned the circuits by ear.

But what I normally do is:

- start with one of the plexi style amps
- add a gain stage in the preamp boost section (you can adjust how much harder you want to drive the amp based on what you like
- adjust tone stack position; you basically want a pre PI master volume, but some Jose amps had the master pre tone stack, some post,
- make sure MV is pre PI
- diode clipping, can adjust the values for the amount of saturation and compression you like
- adjusting bright cap and depth values is handy
- adjust negative feedback
- adjust valve type and bias
- adjust variac/B+
thank you!!

The free trial is nice, but be careful. It's just a version of the "puppy dog close." The one where the salesman allows the family to take the puppy home for the weekend, knowing full well there's no way in hell the kids will let mom & dad take that dog back to the store! haha
I mean, this is the most standard (and IMO fairest) way of demoing a plugin. No (LOUD) bursts of noise or mutes or other limitations to contend with. There’s plenty of plugins I’ve demo’d and immediately realised I simply do not want to buy. If you are sure you like the demo then you can make an informed decision on whether you want to spend money on it. Some companies still don’t offer demos at all which is even more baffling.

Back