NAD: WWYD?

Alex Kenivel

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
This isn't the NGD I was expecting to post. In my mind it was going to either be just fine or in pieces, but this?

The Laney IRT Studio came in just now from an extended travel via UPS..

20230214_150149.jpg

Doesn't look damaged on the outside, that's a good sign.

Very well packed...
20230214_150338.jpg

But what's that smell??

🤮

1061px-Full_Ashtray.jpg

"Maybe it's just the case?" he says to himself with hope, holding back the chunks of lunch he swallowed not too long ago.

20230214_150654.jpg

Nope, still smells like rotten asshole. Of course I'm a curious idiot so I brought it into my room to test it out. Yay, now my room smells like rotten assholes. The cables, the footswitch, everything coated in rotten assholes. And just as I thought I was feeling better from this flu...HEre comes the nausea and headaches, sweats, dizziness. I had to pack it back up.

WTF!!!!

Attachments

• 20230214_150538.jpg
    20230214_150538.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
I literally threw up from the smell. Now I need to clean my house! Hopefully I'll get a refund, this thing is NOT staying in my house.

That blows! I have had people ask if I am smoker or have pets when I list gear for sale. I totally get it.

I also think moments like these are signs from the Gear Gods that there is a better option
out there for you. :idk

Cough.... cough.... Mesa TA-30. :love

That blows! I have had people ask if I am smoker or have pets when I list gear for sale. I totally get it.

I also think moments like these are signs from the Gear Gods that there is a better option
out there for you. :idk
ahemTransAtlanticahem?

This was literally my first time buying something used from Reverb. Refund requested, we'll see if it takes.

Yeah, that's gross and I totally would do the same. I received a guitar once in trade that stunk of cigarettes. Horrible smell if you're not a smoker and never really goes away.

As a non-smoker, no, I wouldn’t deal with that either.

Even when I was a smoker I wouldn’t deal with that sh*t. I got a Fulldrive 2 back in the day that REEKED like stale cigs. I was smoking nearly 2 packs a day but it’s all I could f*cking smell, even after I ripped the old velcro off and washed the enclosure with dish soap and rubbing alcohol. I didn’t smoke in the house and always washed my hands after because I HATE the smell of cigarettes (but love the way they feel in my throat when I’m drinking).

I don’t even want to know what it smelled like to a non-smoker. Once I quit I had to throw out ALL my clothes because they smelled so f*cking terrible, but I never noticed while I smoked.

Brings back memories of playing clubs/bars around here before they outlawed smoking in them

I remember we’d play 3 night runs so we’d just leave our gear set up. There would always be a layer of ash covering all our gear when we came in the next day

I had to return an amp I ordered from Guitar Center's used inventory for the same reason. Don't blame ya one bit, but still a bummer.

Even when I was a smoker I wouldn’t deal with that sh*t. I got a Fulldrive 2 back in the day that REEKED like stale cigs. I was smoking nearly 2 packs a day but it’s all I could f*cking smell, even after I ripped the old velcro off and washed the enclosure with dish soap and rubbing alcohol. I didn’t smoke in the house and always washed my hands after because I HATE the smell of cigarettes (but love the way they feel in my throat when I’m drinking).

I don’t even want to know what it smelled like to a non-smoker. Once I quit I had to throw out ALL my clothes because they smelled so f*cking terrible, but I never noticed while I smoked.

Yup. Couple of guys smoke in the band. First thing I do when I come home from reharsal is strip
all my clothes off and leave them in the garage. :LOL:

chances of getting a used one shipped to me that doesn't smell like a crack house?
It has been a loooooooooooooong time since I got a piece of gear that smelled of smoke and I haven't asked about smell in ages.

If it wasn't in the description, you should be good on a refund.

For what it's worth, this is the one advantage of GC used...if it shows up completely wonky, you can return it to any local store, no questions asked. Hell, even if it isn't wonky and just turns out you don't like it.

Back