NAD: Jet City JCA2212C I'm a bargain amp fiend!

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
So a Jet City JCA2212C just fell into my lap for a hundred bucks. I guess these things have tons of mods for them and I cant think of a better way to get better at doing amp mods than doing them on a 100 dollar amp. I will play through it first of course and see if it blows me away but more than likely it won't so that'll give me an excuse to mod it. Buddy of mine was gonna list his on CL for 150. I asked him what my price was and he said gimme a hundred bucks for it.

SOLD. He's even delivering it AND a 6 pack of Yuengling to share tomorrow night.

Fantastic price. I always wanted the Jet City designed with Martin Kidd based on the Conford Mk50 but don't know if they ever made more than a handful.

Fantastic price. I always wanted the Jet City designed with Martin Kidd based on the Conford Mk50 but don't know if they ever made more than a handful.

I guess Doug White is doing one offs and such. Lots of folks buying them. I guess they are still very affordable. He will do them in just about any config and tolex you, want.

Was JUST thinking “I think I remember these being referred to as a very poor man’s Soldano.”

No idea how true that is, but it’s hard to beat a tube amp for the price of a used tubescreamer.

I had the 50w head and for a short time the JCA100 the 100 literally blew up on me. Never played through a SLO100 but what I know is that even according to Mike Soldano himself they are fairly easy to mod into a very close SLO.

So Seattle was known for decades as… Jet City. (Boeing)

So many nutty changes for the virtue signaling crew.

So Seattle was known for decades as… Jet City. (Boeing)

So many nutty changes for the virtue signaling crew.
and they used 333 as their insignia for a long time but Doug would never say what that meant. At least not to my knowledge

and they used 333 as their insignia for a long time but Doug would never say what that meant. At least not to my knowledge
What’s the deal with 333? I googled and get a half dozen variations of spirituality sites linking it to money, love, success, and pretty much everything under the sun. Seems like it’s maybe a numerology thing?

333 means you're only half of the beast. :satan

satan_h8pbgv.jpg

These are such good amps. Congrats dude!

I agree.... with the caveat being lack of headroom. You get a ton of tone and gain
from the preamp section, and then the power amp section is a bit weak when pushing
any kind of volume. That's par for the course on 2 x EL84 power sections, though, so
no fault of the amp or brand. :idk

Back