NAD: It smells good!

Alex Kenivel

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Open box PRS MT15 from Guitar Center shipped to my local store, clean as a whistle. Cables, cover and footswitch look untouched. Everything works, no noise issues with or without the FX loop or 4CM. ECC83 preamp tubes and 5881 power tubes.

Volume scales just fine for bedroom or non bedroom use. Can get loud AF and shake the house. Clean channel has plenty of headroom. Doesn't do a great mid-gain on the Lead channel but I expected that. Modeled dirt from the HX Stomp sound good into the Clean channel, preamp blocks into the FX return sound great too.

Very pleased with this amp!

20230223_200407.jpg

I never got anything remotely close to "classic rock" from the lead channel on the one I had, but the clean channel was really good with pedals so it worked well there. I've said it many times, if PRS made a version with more of a Marshally lead channel it would be a hit!

Sweet! I've always wanted to check one of those out but never seen one in the wild. Make some vids/recordings for us poor souls who crave to hear how the other half lives!

awesome congrats!!!!! ive always been tempted by those and always hear great things.

how loud can they get? keep up with a loud drummer?

Nice setup!
Do you happen to own a powersection to make that 2nd cab do stereo?…or a small combo with a return?
Its very nice “bathing” in 2 sound sources…plus…for gigs the option to add a bit of power when your main is 15w…could be a good one to have.

I never got anything remotely close to "classic rock" from the lead channel on the one I had, but the clean channel was really good with pedals so it worked well there. I've said it many times, if PRS made a version with more of a Marshally lead channel it would be a hit!
It was about 9:30pm when I stumbled across a nice classic rock-ish tone so I was at bedroom levels. Gain was just a couple clicks away from inaudible and bass was boosted in the 7w (manual calls it 8w) mode. No idea if that would translate to louder volumes but it was working well at the time.

Sweet! I've always wanted to check one of those out but never seen one in the wild. Make some vids/recordings for us poor souls who crave to hear how the other half lives!
I plan on it!

awesome congrats!!!!! ive always been tempted by those and always hear great things.

how loud can they get? keep up with a loud drummer?
I haven't gotten that far with it. It was kind of late when I got to really sit down with it after the dinner routine. I haven't played with a cracking drummer since 2017

Nice setup!
Do you happen to own a powersection to make that 2nd cab do stereo?…or a small combo with a return?
Its very nice “bathing” in 2 sound sources…plus…for gigs the option to add a bit of power when your main is 15w…could be a good one to have.
That's my CreambacKatana underneath the amp. Thinking about getting one of those little junction boxes so I can use the speaker with the MT15.

I don't like playing over 100db and when I do play with people it's almost never metal. Apparently this amp punches above 15w, more like 24w according to some dude taking measurements in YT.

Im also not really into stereo rigs :bag

GREAT amp. I borrowed my friends for a bit, but I too, couldn't get a mid-gain/classic rock gain out of that lead channel, but I never did try to run an HX dirt model in front of the clean. Might have been a different story if I tried that.

Nice, congrats!!!!

Mind if I smoke in here?
Not at all, just open a window.

Seriously I have and own gear I used to smoke cigarettes around all the time. This was worse than anything ever. It was like they were heating up tobacco on the fucking tubes! (insert joke about wimpy EL84s not being able to heat a rat's nest)

Not at all, just open a window.

Seriously I have and own gear I used to smoke cigarettes around all the time. This was worse than anything ever. It was like they were heating up tobacco on the f*****g tubes! (insert joke about wimpy EL84s not being able to heat a rat's nest)

I'm a smoker and have only encountered one item where it really bothered even me, an old slide projector. That thing reeked, took like a year to stop smelling like that

I don't smoke in doors but I smoke while driving and my gear is often in the car. I also have no intention of selling my shit anymore so I guess I don't really have to worry lol

I'm a smoker and have only encountered one item where it really bothered even me, an old slide projector. That thing reeked, took like a year to stop smelling like that

I don't smoke in doors but I smoke while driving and my gear is often in the car. I also have no intention of selling my s**t anymore so I guess I don't really have to worry lol
I lived and smoked in a room with no windows for 3 years. Imagine stairs going up into a cabinet, but behind that cabinet was about a 15 foot crawl to the opposite wall. About 7 ft wide, only 3.5 feet tall. It was also a room inside of a room so acoustically isolated from the outside if it weren't such an old building from the early 1900s.

I kept my amp and cab in there. Sold both of them and you couldn't even tell

Back