NAD Fender 68 custom Deluxe Reverb

primeholy

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Traded my helix LT for this amp Saturday. Helix was rarely being used, and I like amps and didn’t have a good tube combo till now. Any tips on this amp? I’m used to channel switchers and effects loops. This thing gets really loud! I haven’t spent much time on it because I’ve had a busy weekend. I did record a clip with my phone that doesn’t do it justice, but I’ll post it anyway. Title of clip is misleading

That's their take on a Tubescreamer so yes. A really nice compliment to that is a Bluesdriver type pedal.

The JHS Morning Glory is a good one that's not ridiculously priced. Especially if you get a used one off Reverb.
I’ve been tempted to grab that Keeley Blues Disorder, but it’s a bit spendy

I cleansed myself of all the cheap amazon crap, but yeah pretty much every $20 Shandong Special pedal at least in terms of dirt sounded great

Ima have to go full jiveturkey
Survive Robert Downey Jr GIF

I might compile a list of drives I have and y’all can tell me what to try first.

We were duped when we were younger into thinking there was all sorts of voodoo and black magic involved with some of these boxes.
SOOOO many awesome clones for reasonable cash these days. Or build one yourself for even cheaper.

Good lord, the boatloads of cash I fed Mike Fuller in the 2000s...... :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Deluxe Reverb amps are good sounding amps. They are a great pedal platform too. I have wanted one of the newer versions that they put the Celestion speaker in. A friend of mine gigged one for a bit. I found some really good tones in those amps. I just didn't want to pay what they cost. I have way more amps than I need now.

Congrats!

I've been wanting a 68 Princeton Custom Reissue for a while. It sounds so good. I've also been curious about the Tonemaster versions.

But the idea of just having a plug and play tube amp is super intriguing.

Back