NAD: Behold. The Unicorn.

It's so beautiful :love:love:love:love:love

Congrats!!! I can't imagine the brutality of that wait

But can it do teh brutalz?

randall park GIF by The Orchard Films

So how is it different than a regular Badlander? Being a non-Badlander TGF outlier, I am not up on the subtleties of different BL flavors but if you waited forever I assume its got some special thing going on.

So how is it different than a regular Badlander? Being a non-Badlander TGF outlier, I am not up on the subtleties of different BL flavors but if you waited forever I assume its got some special thing going on.
Tolex and knobs, iirc?

Tolex and knobs, iirc?
Yeah it's all just cosmetics. But since we know knobs = toan, mine just sounds better. Or something. :D

Did Mesa finally get Marshall derived/British-centric tones right with the Badlander?? :idk
Lord knows they have taken a shot at those with a number of different amps over the
years---none of which seemed to last that long.

Weren't the Stilletto, Stilletto Ace, Electra-Dyne, and Royal Atlantic all touted at one time as
the great Mesa alternative for British flavoured overdrive??

Did Mesa finally get Marshall derived/British-centric tones right with the Badlander?? :idk
Lord knows they have taken a shot at those with a number of different amps over the

Weren't the Stilletto, Stilletto Ace, Electra-Dyne, and Royal Atlantic all touted at one time as

I think the stillettos, ED and RA all produce good tones, not "marshall killers" but good tones none the less...

British mode on my roadster is the only option I'd say qualifies as a turd tho :poop::LOL:

The Badlander, IMO, is so interesting because it's like a 5150 tone stack but with a little bit of recto and Marshall thrown in. It feels like the lineage is Stiletto --> Royal Atlantic --> Triple Crown, then perfected with the Badlander. But that's just my opinion and I think every one of these since the Stiletto was an awesome amp. Plus with the BL you have the added flexibility to run it with 6L6s if you want it closer to the traditional recto tone. But it sounds/feels to me a bit better with EL34s. Either is great though.

I think the stillettos, ED and RA all produce good tones, not "marshall killers" but good tones none the less...

British mode on my roadster is the only option I'd say qualifies as a turd tho :poop::LOL:

Brit mode on my Road King is a throw-away tone too IMO. I use channel 2 for cleans and I adore the Tweed mode on Channel 1. Channel 1 never leaves Tweed mode.

Brit mode on my Road King is a throw-away tone too IMO. I use channel 2 for cleans and I adore the Tweed mode on Channel 1. Channel 1 never leaves Tweed mode.

Yep exactly how I run my roadster, tweed on channel one for light to mid gain, clean or fat on channel 2 depending on guitar for cleans :love

Having owned all those amps, the Electra Dyne is by far their best stab at it, for my preferences, although it is still very Mesa overall. The Dyne crunch channel is like a 70s JMP preamp welded to a Mark series Simul-Class power amp. Addictive JTM-like sag and touch responsiveness mixed with a massive Mesa 90W beast of a power amp.

Having owned all those amps, the Electra Dyne is by far their best stab at it, for my preferences, although it is still very Mesa overall. The Dyne crunch channel is like a 70s JMP preamp welded to a Mark series Simul-Class power amp. Addictive JTM-like sag and touch responsiveness mixed with a massive Mesa 90W beast of a power amp.
keep going...

Back