NAD: Behold. The Unicorn.

Okay, this amp fucking rips. It’s incredibly versatile, despite being two channels. J. Rockett Jeff Archer adds an incredible sound to either clean or edge of breakup, or the crunch too, without any slop or too much noise.
If Jesus were to come down and say “I am here to kick the Devil’s ass, but I need a righteous rig” I’d hand him my Tele and the Badlander and say “pardon the red color, but it rips”.

Yes, the combo is, although I have the smaller-sized head (as well as the bigger one) and love it. The smaller one is about 40 lbs and pretty easy to deal with, considering the power available.

Anyway, I just realized I'm in your Badlander NAD thread going on about the Dyne (yet again). I'll shut up now. :grin

Britney Spears Reaction GIF

Keep geeking out. It is encouraged, supported, and applauded. :beer

45 days have passed since you received your custom Badlander @paisleywookiee.

Do you have any more thoughts to share, having spent more time with it?
Probably boring, but not really. Only that it’s every bit as awesome as I’ve always known it to be. I love it. I will say the onboard IR’s are better than I remember them being in the standalone CabClone IR that I borrowed. I’ll still be getting my own YA’s loaded though.

So, what would I change about the Badlander? That’d be an interesting question. I would add a dry out to the CabClone. Whilst the ability to load my own IR’s is cool, I’d love to be able to send a dry line out to IR’s in the compy.

I’d actually love a three channel version, with the same three models, because Clean with the gain at like 3 o’clock fucking rules, and is a very different sound to Clean with more modest gain.

I think that’s really about it. The weight is quite light given how good the construction is. Reverb for me is covered by a Blue Sky v2, so I’m good there as well.

No idea. Never tried it. I think the answer is no, because I seem to recall @JiveTurkey trying something with a null IR or something.
My BL cabclone still doesn't work consistently. It has worked on and off a few times but stopped when I was switching channels via the toggle. The Strymon null IR was quiet but worked for a few minutes until the BL went dumb again.

I absolutely don't want any of these extra features on either Boogie as I'll just use my modeler for that kind of playing. I don't like the results I've gotten with either amp used that way.

As far as features; a dumbed down single channel BL with a couple switchable gain stages on that single channel would be cool. Remove the cabclone crap.

With all the 2nd hand, aftermarket Cab Loaders/Load Boxes/IR Loaders/DIs why the fuck are
amp manufacturers including that in their amps? Seems best NOT to have that locked in and
allow the user to pick and choose among the plethora of options available.

With all the 2nd hand, aftermarket Cab Loaders/Load Boxes/IR Loaders/DIs why the fuck are
amp manufacturers including that in their amps? Seems best NOT to have that locked in and
Because the narrative of no one wants to play a loud amp anymore. Which is obviously wrong and dumb.

Here I am at sound check with my Badlander 25 combo running cabclone out to FoH, what am I doing wrong again? Because it sounds glorious to me. YA IR.

I played the BL 25 at Sweetwater in the main room.
Some dude was there, he was playing through a ToneKing whatever,-chirping off half payed for
Clapton licks.
Cream happens to be in my family code of arms..
So I let him have it.
The BL I jammed through was the combo with the Creamback 65.
I was pleasantly surprised with the bite.
I bit’ that dude’s d*ck right off.
Sweet little amp.

I agree; I would have preferred it as an option.
Here I am at sound check with my Badlander 25 combo running cabclone out to FoH, what am I doing wrong again? Because it sounds glorious to me. YA IR.
Not doing anything wrong. It’s a killer amp.
I played the BL 25 at Sweetwater in the main room.
Some dude was there, he was playing through a ToneKing whatever,-chirping off half payed for
Clapton licks.
Cream happens to be in my family code of arms..
So I let him have it.
The BL I jammed through was the combo with the Creamback 65.
I was pleasantly surprised with the bite.
I bit’ that dude’s d*ck right off.
Sweet little amp.
I’m going to pass on biting dicks, but it is definitely a great amp.
I really didn’t care for the Mini Rec or Rectoverbs despite several tries, but the BL has something that works for me with the El84s.

I also really don’t want to lug a 60lb combo like the BL50, at that weight I’m taking my Revv 100 over any other amp I’ve owned.
While I do like the Mini Rec/Rectoverb, the BL25 is the closest Mesa has ever gotten to the bigger bottle amps. It’s really good.

My BL cabclone still doesn't work consistently. It has worked on and off a few times but stopped when I was switching channels via the toggle. The Strymon null IR was quiet but worked for a few minutes until the BL went dumb again.

I absolutely don't want any of these extra features on either Boogie as I'll just use my modeler for that kind of playing. I don't like the results I've gotten with either amp used that way.

As far as features; a dumbed down single channel BL with a couple switchable gain stages on that single channel would be cool. Remove the cabclone crap.
I actually do think a tube amp through a good reactive load and IR does sound better than a modeler, and feels better too. It’s just not as convenient/practical, nor as flexible.

A Fractal FM9 is like a 2023 Supra; sure, it’s fast and sleek, but it’s still very reliable, has creature comforts, and even gets decent gas mileage.

A tube amp is a late 80’s Ferrari. The stick is a pain in the ass to drive, the AC sorta works, the sound system is kinda weak, but that’s not why you’re there. It’s a beast.

I actually do think a tube amp through a good reactive load and IR does sound better than a modeler, and feels better too. It’s just not as convenient/practical, nor as flexible.

A Fractal FM9 is like a 2023 Supra; sure, it’s fast and sleek, but it’s still very reliable, has creature comforts, and even gets decent gas mileage.

A tube amp is a late 80’s Ferrari. The stick is a pain in the ass to drive, the AC sorta works, the sound system is kinda weak, but that’s not why you’re there. It’s a beast.
For me; an OG 5150 or Recto is the (untamed) 80's Ferrari, the modeler is the Supra and the new breed of amps is somewhere in between the two. The feature sets have expanded but the circuits themselves have been sculpted and (sometimes over) refined and that uncontrolled vibe is gone just a bit. That could be rose colored glasses/nostalgia speaking but I don't necessarily think so?

Back