N(old)GD!

This is an '87 Am Std Strat I got in around '94 from the singer in the country band I was in at the time. The first 5 frets were destroyed from his death grip (there were a few small divots in the fret board :eek:) and cowboy chorditis!!! After my tech replaced the first 7 frets and did a dressing and set up, it became my main guitar for the Floyd tribute from '95 to '02. The guitar was otherwise bone stock other than the fret work.

In the 2000's I was doing classic rock cover bands, so for versatility and noise, I loaded a set of Lace Hot Golds and installed Graphtech Ghost piezo saddles for "acoustic" sounds.

Eventually I went to an HSS parscaster as my #1. The frets were pretty beat by then, so my brother re-radiused the fret board to 12" and installed 6100SS frets. My ham fisted attemps to cut a new nut were left "wanting" so she sat in obscurity for a few years. :(

I had a set of Fender Fat 50's I bought a few years ago. Got a black pickguard (for a SRV vibe), and took it to my tech for a new nut/setup and guts replacement. Can't put her down now. A Strat, just as God intended it. Here's a video of this guitar bone stock from 22 years ago.

4BB45F89-B0A2-400C-93C9-1E8FAB492401.jpeg
43F917ED-A401-46EF-B682-F21B3CD25585.jpeg
EC3354E0-B4E1-4EA7-A3C7-8BB051FF83C8.jpeg

Last edited:
This is an '87 Am Std Strat I got in around '94 from the singer in the country band I was in at the time. The first 5 frets were destroyed from his death grip (there were a few small divots in the fret board :eek:) and cowboy chorditis!!! After my tech replaced the first 7 frets and did a dressing and set up, it became my main guitar for the Floyd tribute from '95 to '02. The guitar was otherwise bone stock other than the fret work.

In the 2000's I was doing classic rock cover bands, so for versatility and noise, I loaded a set of Lace Hot Golds and installed Graphtech Ghost piezo saddles for "acoustic" sounds.

Eventually I went to an HSS parscaster as my #1. The frets were pretty beat by then, so my brother re-radiused the fret board to 12" and installed 6100SS frets. My ham fisted attemps to cut a new nut were left "wanting" so she sat in obscurity for a few years. :(

I had a set of Fender Fat 50's I bought a few years ago. Got a black pickguard (for a SRV vibe), and took it to my tech for a new nut/setup and guts replacement. Can't put her down now. A Strat, just as God intended it. Here's a video of this guitar bone stock from 22 years ago.

View attachment 3051View attachment 3052View attachment 3053

Dude, that band sounds great!!! Outstanding playing and tones!!!

Back