Myasnikov Soldano Superlead in the house.

They sound great...and I've got a thing for rack preamps and SLO tones...but man that's a lot of dough for what I see in those gut shots...

I built my SLO preamp off layouts/schematics from the SLOClone forum.. for about $250 in components.

:cop

How many hours of labor and what's your hourly rate? Also, how much did all the equipment needed for the build cost?

cop.gif
cop.gif

How many hours of labor and what's your hourly rate? Also, how much did all the equipment needed for the build cost?

cop.gif
cop.gif
No idea.

This stuff is my hobby, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of building DIY audio gear.

My background in electronics started out as being a radio mechanic in the US Army, then I worked on an electro-assembly line at Compaq Computer Corp after I left the service.

BSME here. I could build one but I no longer have a workbench or the tools. Plus my eyesight has gone to shit and my hands tremble.

I'll pay the premium.
Yeah, my comment was in response to Nathan saying when he looked at the gut-shots, that's a lot of money for what he sees inside the enclosure..

And he ain't wrong.

:cop

Would you be so kind to send them to me also?
All I was able to find was the schematic from the SLOClone forum, and a gut shot of mine right after I finished the board.

I'm pretty sure I had some nice gut-shots of a completed project from another builder, but I got distracted trying to figure out 6/8 time, and stopped looking.

:unsure:

U7okMLY.jpg

@2112

In case anyone else ever asks you, Myasnikov has not changed the MOLTEN HOT output level on the Superlead.
I inserted a Radial -12dB pad to tame it some and I'm still only able to get the master a hair over 2. :oops:

Thank you again for the review you did on these because it's what pushed me over the edge to get one.
You were right, it really only does one thing well but DAMN, what an absolute killer face melting tone it is!

Last edited:
Back