My ambient post-whatever stuff.

You need to use a service to upload/publish to streaming services. Most of them can do all of them (or you can choose what you want). It doesn’t require any more effort or cost to publish to Amazon Music, YouTube, etc., so why not go ahead and publish to all the popular streaming platforms?

You upload once to DistroKid and they push it out to all those different streaming services. And you use DistroKid to determine pricing for people that choose to buy your individual songs or albums. And they collect the streaming revenue for you and put it into your account…. (But of course you only get like a fraction of a cent for each listen, so unless you have a lot of streams, that doesn’t add up to much…)
I thought I could like setup an “artist account” at Apple Music (as an example) and upload songs there. Maybe not how things work today?

I thought I could like setup an “artist account” at Apple Music (as an example) and upload songs there. Maybe not how things work today?
No, not quite.

First step is you need to sign up with a Music Distribution Service like TuneCore, CD Baby, DistroKid, etc. (those are 3 of the most popular ones, and I researched them a couple years ago and found DistroKid to be most cost effective, more rights to you, and less nicke-and-diming with their fees).

You have to use one of these services that partner with Apple (and others) to get your music on their platform.

THEN - yes, you can create your Music Artist profile and use that to manage the music that you publish there - adding your artist profile, artist pics, add lyrics to your music, etc., etc.

That’s why I said once you set up with a TuneCore or DistroKid - it’s just as easy to publish your music to multiple streaming services all at once… No need to be selective. Doesn’t cost anything extra…

No, not quite.

First step is you need to sign up with a Music Distribution Service like TuneCore, CD Baby, DistroKid, etc. (those are 3 of the most popular ones, and I researched them a couple years ago and found DistroKid to be most cost effective, more rights to you, and less nicke-and-diming with their fees).

You have to use one of these services that partner with Apple (and others) to get your music on their platform.

THEN - yes, you can create your Music Artist profile and use that to manage the music that you publish there - adding your artist profile, artist pics, add lyrics to your music, etc., etc.

That’s why I said once you set up with a TuneCore or DistroKid - it’s just as easy to publish your music to multiple streaming services all at once… No need to be selective. Doesn’t cost anything extra…
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated :giggle:

Here's an improvised jam I did with a friend of mine. I'm more on the right side using a Helix with an SY-300 blended in here and there. It's very long. Good to go to sleep by.

Here's an improvised jam I did with a friend of mine. I'm more on the right side using a Helix with an SY-300 blended in here and there. It's very long. Good to go to sleep by.

Hey! Thanks for this. I saw it but waited to this morning to listen. Had it going when making breakfast to the family. Awesome stuff.

I enjoyed the few times I could get some of the band members to do these sort of things (when the singer in the grunge band wasn’t there I would steer everyone into this kind of stuff :ROFLMAO: )
Miss doing this with real persons… but accepted my lonely life doing it with myself.

Again. Thanks, I like it.

Back