Moog grandmother gas

spawnofthesith

Shredder
I was in GC returning some adapters today and sat down with a moog grandmother for about 30 minutes. Obviously I now have raging gas for one

I hardly have enough time to play my minilogue, but man this thing sounds phenomenal. I used to have a sub phatty, and while it’s been some years I feel like the grandmother sounds waaay sicker

I guess this was the “dark” version. It’s 250 cheaper than a normal grandmother, what’s the difference besides color?

I was in GC returning some adapters today and sat down with a moog grandmother for about 30 minutes. Obviously I now have raging gas for one

I hardly have enough time to play my minilogue, but man this thing sounds phenomenal. I used to have a sub phatty, and while it’s been some years I feel like the grandmother sounds waaay sicker

I guess this was the “dark” version. It’s 250 cheaper than a normal grandmother, what’s the difference besides color?
Returned $30 PS; came home with $1k synth.

Perhaps the dark was only available before the price hike of last summer so maybe it still sells at old price while colorful ones are newer stock at newer price? Dunno.

I bought one when they first came out (2019?). $749 or something like that. I ended up
returning it because I found out that I wanted more keys.

They do sound juicy that's for sure. :chef

I actually flipped it into credit for a guitar, and haven't picked an Analog Synth yet. :idk

I wasn't prepared to jump up an additional $1000 over the Grandmother just to get the extra
octave of keys.

FWIW, Matriarch has 49-keys, but also has four oscillators and other features the Grandmother doesn't.
There's no presets (obviously), but Matriarch is otherwise a pretty fully spec'd analog mono synth.

I'd actually like to see a spin-off of Matriarch with a large display, 61 keys, presets, nicer pitch/mod wheels, and a nicer chassis.
If it were 8-note polyphonic and Moog could keep this priced at $5k or less, it would sell well.

Back